Hash, Inc. Forums

WIP - Katrina

Hey Kricket,

That is a very nice model. I think that you need to "sweeten" the greens in her ...bodysuit? because currently the RGB values seem to be pure Green. Perhaps you could make it little more yellow green or blue green to mellow out that harsh RGB pure green. Modeling and toon shading are great though. Keep it up.

Javier

Updated the image, gonna attach it in case my web server dies again.

Modeling's done, now I just need to do some smartskinning, tweak the rig a bit and setup some facial pose sliders! yay!

Javier, your suggestion made a big difference, thanks!

post-7-1075178180.jpg

Heroines always need some nasty beast to beat the crud out of, so I put together this demon for her to fight.

Also updated the shading and line tutorial sections on my site to cover how I'm doing these toons. http://demented3d.com/tutorial

Looking at my renders they're a bit more western-style comic book than anime.. but that's OK with me :)

post-7-1075348296.jpg

That deman looks pretty sweet and so does the elf. I have to say I think the elf looks better without the toon render though. The toon render looks great on the demon but some of the lines on the elf just don't look right to me. Especially her, um, chest.

Here are a few seconds of animation, both Katrina and the Demon.

Things are still a bit rough, havent put any dynamic constraints into Kat's hair or anything else. Need to build a decent background set sometime soon.

kat-corner.jpg

http://demented3d.com/3d/kat/kat-wip-a.avi 1 meg, DivX.

Will keep updating as work continues :D

Good shot Matthew.

The walk of the demon needs something though, perhaps some extra time at moments of extension to break the cycle a bit, and some rotation at the hips and shoulders to increase the dynamism. He looks a bit stiff at the moment.

Looks great

The animation looks good.

But I do agree with JohnArtbox. The demon does need a little something to his walk. Personally, I was thinking that a slow lumber, like he's big & heavy would help. Right now, it's movements are a bit lithe for the look that it has.

But then again, it is your piece.

I very muchly like the way you frame the shots. The transition and the focus shift are both great. It gives a real cinematic panache that triples my impression of its quality.

I concur about the monster's motion. My other thought was, Katrina doesn't seem to move much at all for the first half-second or so. Granted, she's trying to stay still, but perhaps curl the edges of her fingers with slight tension, or shift her body slightly with the drawing of a held breath.

Do something like that, and I think the effect will be really dazzling. :)

• 1 month later...