Hash, Inc. Forums

resetting compensates?

grandma

I finally tried the Squetch Rig on a new model. It was pretty straight-forward and I was able to export ok. I had trouble running the plugin, but followed others advice and saved my export under a new name and ran the plugin in a new project. My model looks a little flakey, especially in the face. I tried to follow the 'resetting the compensates', but I can't find most of the items that need to be reset! I open the folders mentioned like in the rig components and in the use'rs properties there is nothing like what is mentioned. Do I need to unhide the bones? I especially want to "unfold" the mess that the face is.

Running the set up isn't hard, but you may as well set it up from scratch to reset the compensates! I tried to use the 2001 skeleton, but it said

something about being an older thing and I could not get all the control points to assign to the bones for some reason??? ( I am running 13s). I just want a simple rig........ and I am not good enough at this to figure it out. Any help?

I tried to follow the 'resetting the compensates', but I can't find most of the items that need to be reset! I open the folders mentioned like in the rig components and in the use'rs properties there is nothing like what is mentioned.

Where are you looking? If you are looking in the User Properties of the model, right mouse click on the Pose and select "Edit Relationship". If you're looking in the PWS (Project Workspace), look in the "Relationships/User Properties Relationships" folder.

Do I need to unhide the bones?

No.

Running the set up isn't hard, but you may as well set it up from scratch to reset the compensates!

Seriously? You have the option of building your own rig from scatch, building a rig following Barry Zundel's tutorial (I hear it's very good), using the 2001 Rig, using TSM or rigs built by other users. The Squetch Rig is still moderately difficult to install. If this is your first installation, I would recommend the 2001 Rig...there are no compensates to reset in that rig.

I tried to use the 2001 skeleton, but it said something about being an older thing and I could not get all the control points to assign to the bones for some reason??? ( I am running 13s).

How are you trying to assign control points? Have you watched any tutorials on how to do it? There are several...there is a "Tech Talk" on this page and there's a quick tutorial here. There are others if those don't do the job for you.

As for installing the 2001 Rig, have you watched the "Show Some Backbone" tutorial on this page?

I just want a simple rig........ and I am not good enough at this to figure it out. Any help?

If you just want a simple rig, I would recommend the 2001 Rig.

Hope that helps.

Sorry,

I think I was a whining rube....... I did find all the controls. I have set up poses before and should have remembered right away. I spent so much time in the pose window setting it up that I thought everything to be there! As for the 2001 skeleton, for some reason a few cps refused to be assigned! I will retry this, too. Thank you for the links. I should spend more time learning it before deciding how hard it is.