Hash, Inc. Forums

Previous Manuals for A:M

Jentham2000

Hi Everyone,

Somewhere in my past searches, I found the 1998 Manual. For a newbie, it explained some of the various terms and methods that most users seem to know but I am unaware of. I know that some of things have chanegd, but, having the very basic knowledge can make the learning process easier and greatly speed up the learning curve. Does anyone know of a link where I can find them?

Thanks, Bob

I sent an email to the customer support asking for a copy of the Tech Reference considering I just purchased the software.

Here is thier response.

"the printed technical reference does not come with full units- it's an upgrade perk-

you can download a digital copy from our website support/reference area-"

When I asked them if there was anything else could be done.

Here is thier response.

"right now, you should be focusing on TAOA:M and the other resources available-

yes, you can download updates from our website-"

I have not heard a response so far....

I hope something can be done, I personally own a business and never treat my customers this way, especially new customers.

The tech reference is handy, and nice to have.

But for a novice learning the ropes and trying to understand the basic concepts, David Rogers' "Animation:Master, A Complete Guide" is the best I've found.

I'm more than a little shocked that it's not available through the Hash online store.

Frankly, Hash ought to work out a deal with Rogers to make a package deal of some kind with his book and A:M original purchases and upgrades.

Or, perhaps, make a deal for Rogers to freshen the book for each new upgrade to the software and then package the book with A:M and upgrades instead of TAoAM. Even if it forced a $25 or $30 price bump on A:M and A:M upgrades, it would be well worth it. Rogers explains things far more clearly and in more depth as he takes you through the program.

The tech reference is handy, and nice to have.

But for a novice learning the ropes and trying to understand the basic concepts, David Rogers' "Animation:Master, A Complete Guide" is the best I've found.

I'm more than a little shocked that it's not available through the Hash online store.

Frankly, Hash ought to work out a deal with Rogers to make a package deal of some kind with his book and A:M original purchases and upgrades.

Or, perhaps, make a deal for Rogers to freshen the book for each new upgrade to the software and then package the book with A:M and upgrades instead of TAoAM. Even if it forced a $25 or $30 price bump on A:M and A:M upgrades, it would be well worth it. Rogers explains things far more clearly and in more depth as he takes you through the program.

Yes, I bought this online at amazon.com and I am waiting for it to be delivered.

I had heard good reviews, so I thought I would give it a try.

Thanks again for your help....

Regards, Bob