Hash, Inc. Forums

Batman Last Bang Shot Update

Hey, everybody...as my time draws short (1 1/2 weeks) I've been trying to finish all of the things I've wanted to get done. One of those things was going back and cleaning up all of the modeling/animation/lighting errors in my movie

Well...it turns out that I only had time to correct 1 shot and I chose the one that I felt had the best overall animation. Here's the new one (old one can be found at time 2:22 at above video):

EDIT: Here's a compressed version...not as good and there's a big annoying blue frame at the end that I forgot to cut out.

uhmistahcompressor.mov

I changed a couple of things I think you'll notice right off the bat (no pun intended) and a few that are more subtle. One of my favorites is the new lighting...gives it kind of a "Bryar Rose" sort of feel.

Most of the changes came from things that I learned while working on TWO, even though I was never an animator.

There are still a lot of things to fix but I think the end result is really nice. Like I said, I wish I could go back and make all of the movie look this nice.

Thanks for taking a peek!

Lee

Shoot, sorry David, I didn't even think about that! I was so glad to have it done, that everything else slipped my mind. That DOES explain why it took a while to upload :D

Check the first first post, I'll update it.

Thanks for the heads up!

Lee

Haha, that's a little more reasonable of a file size. :-)

Good work, Lee! I love Batman TAS and you've really captured the look of it in 3D!

Wow, time is really flying by. Just a week and a half left, eh?

I'm sure your mission will be something that you never forget and give you a wealth of experiences. All of these things will still be here when you get back (and will probably work great in v17!)

• 4 months later...