Hash, Inc. Forums

Image Contest (Hero) Cross

Cross

My First Render for my submission to the Hero contest... If you guys have any suggestions, please let me know! I know i'm missing something, i just can't put my finger on it... :huh:

You should think about uploading a jpg-file... the BMP is quite large and cant be previewed in the forum. So less people look at it.

If you need converter, you can use XnView (LINK)

*Fuchur*

Again, I can't really comment on the model, although what I can see looks pretty good. How long have you been working with AM? What other 3D experience have you had?

Not really any other experience with 3-D programing, really, yeah, 'n sorry bout the pressure XD I was just wondering if you had any suggestions.

I've been working with A:M for only about 8 months but this project took me about a week. I'd started on it right when i heard about this Hero contest and I had a huge idea in mind.

That sword is brilliant!!!

Thanks, man! I took the idea from Cloud's Blade from the FF7 Advent children movie. I actually found a sheet that showed the seperate parts, so i couldnt pass up the chance to re-create it.

One thing is that it is way to hard to look at. The hero gets jumbled into the scene and it takes the eye a long time to find him, and then it's confused because he blends a little too much into the background. Make the model noticable at once, the eye has to jump to the focus the moment you look at it. When I saw it, my eye jumped to the sword. Make it less prominent and the character more defined and emphasized from the background. I would suggest just looking up general design techniques on the web or something, as it will help the composition of the scene. Your models are very good, it's just the composition that is lacking.

One thing is that it is way to hard to look at. The hero gets jumbled into the scene and it takes the eye a long time to find him, and then it's confused because he blends a little too much into the background. Make the model noticable at once, the eye has to jump to the focus the moment you look at it. When I saw it, my eye jumped to the sword. Make it less prominent and the character more defined and emphasized from the background. I would suggest just looking up general design techniques on the web or something, as it will help the composition of the scene. Your models are very good, it's just the composition that is lacking.

I will do that... I thought it was a little too jumpy, the thing was that i was trying to hide him. you know? but you're right, maybe a more defined pose, better lighting, not jsut focusing on the sword. I think that I'll try that right now, thanks for the compliment too!

I can see from the wireframe that your modeling is very good. The render with all black though you can't see any geometry of the body. Maybe just imply that he is hiding with a dark background and the dark clothes, but set up your lighting to leave a little definition in the figure, like a highlighted silhouette.

Just my 2 cents.