Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How do you use right/left_bicep_flexing?

rusty

I lowered the percentages of the right/left_bicep_flexing... in the model and then in the action... first a little then to 5 percent, then to zero... I didn't see any difference in the bicep's flexing. I'm I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Rusty

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not an animatable feature, that's why it is in the rig components. This is to adjust the amount of flexing you want all the time, you set it in the user properties of your model before going into an action or chor.

I did not think that it was an 'animatable' feature. I did set it in the user properties.

Thanks for trying!

Rusty

Well, you said you did it in an action as well. Which did you do first? In the action will override the user properties settings. Delete the pose slider keys from the action first.

To test, open new action and go into the top view. Rotate the forearm in the X axis 90'. Now go to the user properties of the model under the objects folder and adjust the pose slider. If you don't see any movement, then there is a problem with your model. There's either a corrupt pose (not in the rig, just your model) or you have bad cp assignments for the bicep. If all your cps are assigned to the sleeve geom bones, then you won't see any change.

Well, you said you did it in an action as well. Which did you do first? In the action will override the user properties settings. Delete the pose slider keys from the action first.

To test, open new action and go into the top view. Rotate the forearm in the X axis 90'. Now go to the user properties of the model under the objects folder and adjust the pose slider. If you don't see any movement, then there is a problem with your model. There's either a corrupt pose (not in the rig, just your model) or you have bad cp assignments for the bicep. If all your cps are assigned to the sleeve geom bones, then you won't see any change.

Mark,

Thank you for getting back on this. I first tried lowing the percentage in the User Properties and then I opened a new action. When there was no change in the amount of the flex I started trying crazy things. Everything you say above I know and, what you suggest trying is 'good' and something I hadn't thought to try. However, right now I'm being bombarded with other problems; I can't select the right_forearm bone in the action -- in the PSW the bone remains highlighted even when I select other bones! Also, I keep crashing. Also my notebook is acting up and doing strange things (and my desktop is out for upgrades). I just went to V14b. Right now I don't know if its the new version, my model or project file or my notebook or a virus or malware or... some combination. I have some things I need to try.

Cheers,

Rusty

I looked at the model you posted for the wrist problem. The bicep flexing works like it's suppose to in v14b.

You just may have computer problems or your file is corrupt.

You are right. I tried the file on another PC in V14b and the flex stuff works fine. It's my notebook... strange stuff. Thanks for your help pinning it down!

Rusty