Hash, Inc. Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PF_Mark

Straw for Scarecrow

I noticed in the scenes around 3_05_11 scrarecrow is getting stuffed with Straw. In animation GW has a cylinder in his hand which I assume is going to be the Straw. I am working on a shot 2_01_16 were Scarecrow goes to his bathroom sink and grabs some straw with a fork and stuffs his shirt. I want to know how we are doing this affect and how I can use this in my 2_01_16 scene as well.

I have tried rendering this out as final render with hair on I think we lost the hair material some how?

2_01_16_take192.jpg

I thought I had put a grass material on it and groomed it, but apparently not. Perhaps you can do it? You'll need to save it as a different model anyway as you're using it for straw and not grass.....

Just save as with an appropriate name and add it to svn.

Then drop the straw material from scarecrow onto the model.

Groom to taste.

Mark, I just uploaded the model with a grass material. There's also a new grass material in the Particle materials folder in the main materials folder. You could save that material out as a new straw material and it would have the grooming on it already. Then just change the color/shape of the new material and upload it. Of course the model should still be duplicated too.

Ok this is Grass I thought I show everone one what it would like like as grass. I will try to make the chnges you descriped but I can see one major problem is that I have a rather bad color deficancy (color blind but I hate that term) I guess I can look at the straw color properties and just type those in?

2_01_16_take_grass192.jpg

Ok I have saved as and it's now Straw_handfull in Mis dir in Set_chor and the material 1 that was with the model wouldn't that be deadicated to this model? I changed the properties by finding the sleeve Straw hair emitter and seting everything I can find the same. it's closer but still not the same?

2_01_16_take_straw192.jpg

I'll look after it. You can concentrate on the animating.

OK...update your straw handful model and get the new material located here:

C:\SVN\TWO Repository\data\Shared Data\Materials\Particle hair

Mark, scarecrows hair material uses an image. Did you add the image to the material?

Mark, scarecrows hair material uses an image. Did you add the image to the material?

Yes I did add the image.