Hash, Inc. Forums

City shot

noober

yeah depends on your settings...looks nice, when is it gonna be textured?

i hate using skylights with toon render, i always get weird shadows kinda like this...

i was having fun circling lol^_^.i only use klieg lights with toon render, but if anyone knows how to fix a skylight shadow plz tell me!

post-8313-1189554708_thumb.png

It appears that the toon shader is breaking down each patch into smaller patches and then processing them that way. You can see a noticable difference in these images:

post-7957-1189561502_thumb.jpg

post-7957-1189561483_thumb.jpg

Both models have the same shape, but they have completely different construction. The render was with Ambient Occlusion and one Sky light. There are also noticeable anomalies along longitude lines from this vantage point above the domes.

Has this problem been reported?

when is it gonna be textured?

Well not to disapoint... but it was textured today. And you guys will probably never see it. My boss chose what i consider to be the wrong images. If i get a chance ill texture it the way i wanted.

For now this is where I'm at.

hash.jpg

Very nice. Once you have this much variety built you can make copies of stuff and scale it and combine it in different ways to extend the set forever. I remember a class assignment were we took something like this and, simply by putting formulas to produce random values in x, y and z scale and x and z translation we extended the set pretty much off into infinity! It looked real good to. We were using XSI. I wonder if AM can do something like this.

Rusty