Hash, Inc. Forums

Hi everyone

HaydenMitchell

My name is Hayden Mitchell and I live in Spokane Washington. I currently am a Senior University High.

I am required to do a Senior project and after seeing someone learn the program two years ago, I became very interested. I am hoping to be able to make a few short videos by May 08'

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated

hi man, may 08 sounds good for something simple, but don't expect to be advanced(unless you have allot of time to spare). do at least half of the TAO:AM(the manual thing), or what you think is important (any thing on animation is vital). but first mess around have some fun and learn from that. that way you'll get a feel of what you have and maybe even make your first model(mines was an apple i made in the first 3 hours i got to use A:M). once you've done that look around for inspiration, find some cool artist that you wanna equal someday( try www.cgsociety.org , or the A:M stills). you'll have some experiance, an idol, motivation, all you need is a SMALL project to start on.

but i have a question, can you draw? don't start a model blindly get a concept first(scan it for a reference if you can) and model that. one thing i discovered when i started on my first "real" model was that it turned out exactly how i drew it(not good at that time). when you draw well and know what you want getting there is simply taking your time on it and doing it the best you can. just like in drawing if it makes you feel awkward about it keep fixing it. when your proud of what you have sofar post it in the WIP forum and see what other think, the people here will tell you what they think and what you can do to improve it.

man that was long...i'm a long speaking kinda person(i love to talk about what i love to do). well, i hope this helped, i've used A:M for almost 3 years, i'm 15 now and A:M has inspired my career path. my web site is,

www.wolfworks.co.nr

-MAGE-