Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

anime hair

eptigo

i want to be able to make some cool anime hair

thought about using the hair modifier particle system thingy (havent touched the thing in so long forgot what to call it)

but i find that any type of particle has a tendancy to slow down my system by ... alot

so i was thinking of modelling the hair, but i cant concieve of a decent method to modelling good looking anime hair.

whenever i try to model anime hair, it tends to come out wierd and boxy or something

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got the same problem. I'm just going to suck it up and live with the slow rendering. There's another way, not nearly as good but hugely faster: in photoshop or something, paint a radial hair map with an alpha channel. Import as a decal on a mesh, deform the mesh around the model's head. You wind up with a helmet that's transparent wherever there isn't hair. You can make it wiggle, blow in the wind (a bit) and so on. Just don't expect to get the same results as real hair. But for the stylization of anime, it may work.

Can we see an image of the slow hair? v14 hair rendering has been sped up significantly. Most likely you have too high a density setting.....particularly for anime hair, you only need to make the base of the hair bigger to fill in the gaps.

If it's the realtime that's slow, you can reduce those settings in the hair attribute.

theres my black outline of the head, not sure how to get rid of it

i only have animation master version 13t didnt update because i wasnt too impressed with what i heard about the latest version of am (that and i wanted to conserve my money for AM paint)

post-8312-1188750927_thumb.jpg

oh yes i had this problem before

using hair for a characters like these...

BTW these are like a year old....

Aaronhead.png

i used hair for the wings on this one too...

aronphe.png

Naomiheadcolor0.jpg

i had to experiment quite a bit. the trick is you need to have cast shadows on for the hair. after that the line will be gone but the render won't look right. so your gonna have to work on your light settings mostly and not your hair settings(but those too)

i made a topic about this, i'll try and find it...