Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Bioshock Big Daddy project

This is my first attempt on something that I've done. I have gotten really addicted to Bioshock and love the Big Daddy's. Included i have a picture of a big daddy Front and side view of the original, and the front and side view of the one I'm doing. Please tear me away on your opinions and bashings. I haven't finished it yet, but what I have been doing *what you can see* has taken me around 7 hours more or less. Now as you can see, the base of the body isn't what it will actually be, it is just there to give me a general idea of where things will go.

If you have any opinions that you would like private, or would like to help me, by making a 'little sister, or a splicer' then send me an email (Dragonboy1221@hotmail.com) Make the subject line "hash" so i know.

post-10958-1188705218_thumb.jpg

post-10958-1188705350_thumb.jpg

post-10958-1188706133_thumb.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks pretty good so far. How much experience do you have modeling? Have you done some of the tutorials, some other models? Any experience with other Apps? Keep us posted.

I was actually at Hash Bash this year and worked on al of the tutorials there. And if you know of any projects by David Crawther *possibly under the user name Cross or Shirushi* He is actually helping me learn how to use the program to higher extent and to work on making better models. And i have been working with hash since the beginning of school last year and used it about 4 hours every day :) I also use Game maker so I'm hoping to one day develop my own game sometime soon.

For some reason my computer wont let me download it, probly becuase i have just gotten a virus last night, so i will have to Reformat it again *good thing i ghosted the system* But i will try again later. Alltho i will use that drill, it looks AMAZING XD

Forget about the hazy directions I gave earlier, they were sorta off the cuff. I had to do it differently and will put together a tutorial on how it's done - one of many ways, I'm sure.

As far as the plugin, that's easy. Take the plugin and drag it into the HXT folder in your AM directory. The default location is C:\Program Files\Hash Inc\V13.O\hxt

Yours may be different according to the version you have. In my case that happens to be V13.O. Once you have it there, start up AM (you need to restart if you had AM open during this procedure) and open a modeling window. Right click and chose Plugins from the context menu; choose Wizards and then Primitive. Have fun experimenting with all the goodies.

You're doing great, we all had to start somewhere :)

Lee has a link to the creator of the original "Big Daddy", here it is: http://kingmob.cgsociety.org/gallery/ This will give you another great reference. Be persistent, finish the model, and keep us posted. The constructive criticism of this forum makes anyone a better modeler.

Cheers

Eric

Here is an update....

Also, i am gonna make a new forum becuase aside from the big daddy, next i wanna make a little sister *evil laugh* But with my school i cant get any good pics and cant find any good pics of them... so... if you have any pics of the little sisters... then send them this way!

post-10958-1189109925_thumb.jpg

post-10958-1189110177_thumb.jpg

if you missed the memo, i'm all about the creepy. ' ' )

if may be a train wreck of a movie, but i'll still enjoy her scenes!

back on point, i may have to break down and play bioshock one day. it looks pretty darn creepy itself.

-jon

"Get up, Mr. Bubbles! Please get up!" :-)

I just started playing it yesterday morning on the 360. I had the day off and played it for the better part of the day. Nice sense of being in the environment.

Nice model! Are you going to decal it?

• 1 month later...