Hash, Inc. Forums

Coping relationships and poses

bighop

I copied the head of "Fat Guy" onto an re-rigged body. The old rig wouldn't work with the v13's Rig. I re-rigged the body, and it works, however the face is another problem. Using basic face bones and groupings for the face, but the face distorts when I added an action from the library.

So I copied and pasted with bones from the first model, but as you can see the face is a bit messed up. Even when I create new bones, and attach them, the face distorts when I apply an action.

Is there too many bones? Not enough?

Picture_1.png

Picture_2.png

Picture_3.png

i dont know for sure, still a bit of a rookie myself

but from my pov

it seems like there might be a problem with the action

like its not compatible with ur rig or something

try making a new action from scratch

(hee hee hee, his face looks funny ^^)

• 4 weeks later...
I copied the head of "Fat Guy" onto an re-rigged body. The old rig wouldn't work with the v13's Rig. I re-rigged the body, and it works, however the face is another problem. Using basic face bones and groupings for the face, but the face distorts when I added an action from the library.

So I copied and pasted with bones from the first model, but as you can see the face is a bit messed up. Even when I create new bones, and attach them, the face distorts when I apply an action.

Is there too many bones? Not enough?

You luck Guy. I had the same problem and it's caused by you possible copying smart skin from one model to the other.

Hopefully this link should help solve your problem. I am still on AM version 12 BTW . I am not sure there was smart skin when the Fat guy was made. The might be relationship poses stored in the bones that you copied and pasted with Cp's. the is also a very good tutorial in the Relationship Forum on setting up what might appear to be invisible poses in a model. Any way this link should help give you an insight on transferring and copying model parts. http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...hl=stolen+bones

Also check out the video tutorial on Relationships cause it will come in handy with your model