Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The Revenge of Red Riding Hood

satyajit2000

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

180 degree rule

If you are using multiple cameras and plan to edit the different shots in a scene into a seamless sequence, an important rule to keep in mind is to place all the cameras on the same side of a line of action. A line of action is a path which your subject is traveling along or an imaginary line between two characters who are interacting. This rule is called "180 degree rule"

theline.jpg

If you can imagine an actor walking or running in a direction then you can picture the path they are following as a line. If two actors are talking to each other then draw a line to connect the two places where they are standing and extend the line in each direction to the edges of the set. Even if there are many actors in the scene you can still draw a line connecting the two opposing sides of the action.

All coverage should be shot from one side or the other of this imaginary line. The audience subconsciously forms a mental map of where the actors are located in the scene and from the first master shot will be thinking that "Mary is on the left and John is on the right".

Satyajit

The audience subconsciously forms a mental map of where the actors are located in the scene and from the first master shot will be thinking that "Mary is on the left and John is on the right".

To be more precise, Mary looks toward the right and John looks toward the left. So whatever the shot, be it a two shot or a set of one shots, Mary always looks toward the right and John always looks toward the left. Mary could be shot from behind, from the side or from the front but she will always look toward the right.

As Ken mentioned, the line can be crossed but it is usually better to do that with a camera trolley so the viewer is aware of the crossing. You could also cross the line at a very highly emotional point in the scene but doing that properly requires more experience.

I am very curious to see how well your doing, as Hash lowered the price for the program, I am sure there will be a bigger base to buy model and set, like they do for Poser. But using a better program for animation. I think this alternative is better for just learning to animate and at an affordable cost. What rigging system are you using for the character?

Hi Satyajit,

Are the voice tracks on your Aesops Fable kit in English or other? I find the kit very tempting :)

Yep. The voices are in English. It's narrated by the girl who did Red in this project.

Satyajit.....you might think about covering the wall in moss at some places to cover up the tile pattern and make it seem more weathered.

Okay, let me see. The walls are all painted. Shouldn't be a problem. let's have some variations.

I am very curious to see how well your doing, as Hash lowered the price for the program, I am sure there will be a bigger base to buy model and set, like they do for Poser. But using a better program for animation. I think this alternative is better for just learning to animate and at an affordable cost. What rigging system are you using for the character?

Just learning? Well, I don't agree with that. It's much more.

I use TSM2 Rigs for skeletal animation, and Jason Osipa set of poses for facial animation.

I totally miss your concept.

I thought you were making a film making kit for little red riding hood. I thought everything on that page was a film kit. I went back and read everything from the first page. Now that I am caught up. I do think what you are doing has open some eyes on the approach for one man to do it all.

I totally miss your concept.

I thought you were making a film making kit for little red riding hood. I thought everything on that page was a film kit. I went back and read everything from the first page. Now that I am caught up. I do think what you are doing has open some eyes on the approach for one man to do it all.

Oh. I misinterpret you too. Glad, that we are now on the same page.

I have only one film making kit to offer, It's based on Aesop's Fables. And I can say that it's sale has not improved significantly after the recent pricing change of A:M.

The Revenge of Red Riding Hood is not a film making kit. It's a 30 mins mid length short in production.

Cool - next pay I'll drop $50 on you. Being rather lazy I think I'll find this a relaxing way of completing my first animation I'm just not terribly creative - but I'm working on it

I hope you'll find it helpful David. I tried to take great care designing it.

Satyajit

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Admin
It's been over a year!!

I've exchanged a few short emails with Satyajit.

He's keeping busy.

He didn't say when he'd be able to devote time to this project again.

But like everyone around here, I'd sure love to see it continue.

Satyajit has been helping with "Piper Penguin and his Fantastic Flying Machines" I believe. As well as Holmes and Mathew Krick. We are just finishing up this movie shortly and it will then be available on DVD. I will announce something when I know more. Perhaps then he can get back to working on his own projects. :)

Wedgeeguy

• 1 year later...
  • Admin

I exchanged a short email with Satyajit about a year ago as checking in to determine if he was still alive seemed appropriate.

He responded, which I'm happy to say let me know he was alright.

As far as I know Satyajit is active with Animvision but that may be yesterday's news.

Perhaps Ken Heslip or someone that created models for Satyajit may have more current information.

Haven't heard much about 'Piper Penguin and his Fantastic Flying Machines' either.

Hey Rodney ...

"Haven't heard much about 'Piper Penguin and his Fantastic Flying Machines' either."

Piper can be seen on YouTube and other sites online. It was completed about a year ago. I guess it wasn't actually released on DVD like the previous movies. But according to the credits, Satyajit wasn't involved this time. Hope that helps ...

Bruce

• Hash Fellow
Piper Penguin was honored as "One of the Worst Movies Ever Made" :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7CwHveHeig...t=1&index=1

It takes a lot of dedication and hard work to get an honor like that. Not just any movie can get that kind of recognition, it has to be *special*.

I feel so proud ... :lol:

That judgment is a bit harsh. Not even close to being a "Worst Movie". Is that channel dedicated to pirating Sparkplug Films?

Getting any animated feature done is pretty much a miracle i think.

I only saw four animators listed. I guess you did a big chunk of that, Holmes? That's an accomplishment in itself.

• Admin

Looks pretty good to me.

It almost has a feel like it's organized for episodes on TV.

T'was a time such a film would have been warmly received on television.

When compared with some of the Hannah Barbera fare I grew up with, I might have preferred to hang out with Piper and his pals instead. ...and I say this as a fan of Hannah Barbera!

It's been put on hold. For several reasons....I'll let Satyajit say why if he's reading.

Well, I hope whatever those reasons are they aren't bad ones ...and I hope he's able to get back to it someday. Some great work by all involved.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmm. A feature film made in A:M? When did this happen and where are the production details?

Very interesting.

I think it was made in 2009. Can't remember exactly. I'm not sure there are any production details available on the web. My mom said it was available at Wal Mart for a while but not any more. What did you want to know about it?

Thanks for the info.

What did you want to know about it?

Not really too much. I suppose I could poke around for the info myself. I was just interested to learn about a feature length Production made in Animation Master. I guess I missed the thread! That is the cool thing about these forums, whenever you check in, you find out something new that is really cool, or something that you missed in the past.

Anyway, thanks again for the info!

Joe.

• Hash Fellow
I was just interested to learn about a feature length Production made in Animation Master.

That SparkPlug studio has actually done several such features. The titles seem to be an odd situation but... they're movies! Actual animated features with stories and characters and all that.