Hash, Inc. Forums

loops

It can be fixed in the hip if you do not wish to change the leg's angle. But you must move the knee forward a little if you wish for a slight knee bend. Can the foot tilt more without deforming too much? If so that may help reposition the leg. Keep plugging away and don't give up... there is a solution, at worst you might have to go back to the previous keyframe and stick a new keyframe in just to stop it before it happens.

It can be fixed in the hip if you do not wish to change the leg's angle. But you must move the knee forward a little if you wish for a slight knee bend. Can the foot tilt more without deforming too much? If so that may help reposition the leg. Keep plugging away and don't give up... there is a solution, at worst you might have to go back to the previous keyframe and stick a new keyframe in just to stop it before it happens.

I managed to get rid of the foot going through the ground by fiddeling with the y-translation bias of the hip! not the foot-target as I would have expected,

now on to the foot-floating.

Thank you for your suggestions and you can see my progress under the link above.

;>) Jake

>there is a solution, at worst you might have to go back to the previous keyframe and stick a new keyframe in just to stop it before it happens.

then to try fiddeling around with the channel-editor.

Guess this technique will have to be enough for the time being.

So next I will try to transfer what I learned on this walkloop to the walkloop of Lady Goodbody.

;>) Jake

Shaggywalk14_310807.mov

Jake,

Very good comeback! Your animation skill is great... I like the fact that you improvised and added some character to the walkcycle. So now your going to use this walk on Lady Goodbody? I have to see this.

P.S.- Are you going for a comedic effect here?

P.S.S.- I like the way you set-up the character to show the walk from many angles (+the walk/path in background) all in the same view. Maybe we should all start showcasing our new models and animations with this in mind. It makes it easier to see what we did all at once... I am going to start doing that my self. Thankyou for the idea.

Hi Entity,

Thanks for your comments

-I tried the walkcycle on Lady Goodbody as you suggested, but that doesn`t work very well. ( See shoulders for instance and the dress )

Maybe the rigg is different or the difference in size is the problem.

Actually the walkcycles-style wouldn`t fit to Lady Goodbody anyhow.

-At the moment I am just trying to get a hang on animation again, just fiddeling around

and not aiming at a certain style.

-On rabbit the walkcycle its working quite well , except for the feet protruding through the ground.

( Good for mudwalking )

So this walkcycle has to be adjusted as well. ( I would have to add the secondary motion of the ears anyhow )

;>) Jake

Ladywalk14_030907.mov

Rabbitwalk14_030907.mov

Okay, still getting everybody on the nerves with my walkloop.

Got some advice about the slipping and that the COG was wrong.

So I changed that for the much better now I think,

Still some slipping though.

Found that I couldn`t paste mirror all the bones-keys and the muscle-keys allthough I had every keyfilter pressed.

Any idea anybody, what I can be doing wrong here?

( Also couldn´t key the muscle movement later on, that`s why the little twitching in the dress )

But have no fear:

I`LL BE BACK !!

Ladywalk14_050907.mov

Further work on the walkloop.

Forgot to zeroslope at the end so hands are still twitching.

Why the forefood is still slipping escapes me though...

Put a scene together with it and I guess its heading towards some complications with a stucked door!

Tried AO for the first time and I really looks nice Though it takes nights rendering on my computer.

A friend told me something about baking and loading into the diffusechannel and so rendering much faster

in his software.

Is it the same in AM?

Any links to a brief AO tutorial?

;>) Jake

LadywalkBigSony_070907.mov

LadyDoorstuck080907.mov