Hash, Inc. Forums

Did you know?

Guide splines can be animated!?! Had no idea.

Used smart skin to move bones as well as CPs (no big deal). But Mirror Smart Skin wouldn't include the bones... wonder about hair.

Wonder what would happen if the bone you smart skinned the hair to... had a dynamic constraint? And the image on the hair was an animation. And can you animate the frame numbers of that animation, tying them to the rotation of the... bone. Give the bone motion in an action to rock the dynamic constraint. Put this contraption in a flock with the action...

Sorry... my brain got away from me for a second.

:-)

Wonder what would happen if the bone you smart skinned the hair to... had a dynamic constraint? And the image on the hair was an animation. And can you animate the frame numbers of that animation, tying them to the rotation of the... bone. Give the bone motion in an action to rock the dynamic constraint. Put this contraption in a flock with the action...

This would open a rift in the time space continuum causing the ENTIRE universe to cease to exist in a massive sucking singularity.

Try it and let us know how it goes.

;)

-vern

Ok, I spent too much time on this.

Smartskin hair guides, tied length of hair to the Z scale of the same bone. Constrained that bone to a null with an aim at constraint, with scale to reach turned on. Then added a relationship to the Z rotation of the null to drive the thickness of the hair and finally, a relationship on the Y translation of the null to drive the color of the hair.

So the null controls the whole animation.

hair2.mov

Ok, I spent too much time on this.

Smartskin hair guides, tied length of hair to the Z scale of the same bone. Constrained that bone to a null with an aim at constraint, with scale to reach turned on. Then added a relationship to the Z rotation of the null to drive the thickness of the hair and finally, a relationship on the Y translation of the null to drive the color of the hair.

So the null controls the whole animation.

A 'rad hair day'?

This would open a rift in the time space continuum causing the ENTIRE universe to cease to exist in a massive sucking singularity.

Ah man... you gave away the ending to my book!

r

That sounds like a bug to me

Should be reported imo.

But serriously: Holy underwearjeepers, Batman, that's pretty cool Mark!