Hash, Inc. Forums

White renders and sun light

According to this post: http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...amp;#entry48718

it is possible to get a white render with shadows using a sun type light. So far I have not been able to reproduce this. I get shadows with a klieg light, but not a sun. Yves states that any type of light can be used for this as long as the attenuation is set to 0? Where is the setting for a sun type light's attenuation?

Yves states that any type of light can be used for this as long as the attenuation is set to 0? Where is the setting for a sun type light's attenuation?

Directly under the intensity if you are using v14...

*Fuchur*

Gerald,

ich benutze zur Zeit V.13. Falls Du Dich wunderst, ich wohnte eine ganze Weile in Muenchen. Gruesse aus Californien.

Matt,

I read up on the phone booth project, very nice. That is using AO, and I would like to use a skylight. I believe Yves talked about adjusting attenuation properties of a sun before V.14, but I'm not sure.

Edit:

I wasn't getting anywhere with skylights, white renders, shadows and sunlights, so I re-read the phonebooth article and was very pleased not only with the look, but also with the dramatically reduced render times.

What would I, or for that matter the forum, do without the Bradbury's.

Thanks again, Matt!

Gerald,

ich benutze zur Zeit V.13. Falls Du Dich wunderst, ich wohnte eine ganze Weile in Muenchen. Gruesse aus Californien.

Gruesse aus Karlsruhe zurueck ;)

There is a shader which could help you too... it is called "Null Shader"...

I cant think of where to get it, but maybe someone else can...

*Fuchur*