Hash, Inc. Forums

Hands Down

jurnco

This is a very short clip of a possible short film. I say possible short film because I don't know if I'll ever actually make it, I was simply doing this to test out some stuff I had learned. Keep in mind this is the very first animation that I have rendered (I've made plenty of animations that were so bad I threw them away) and there are plenty of mistakes. To name one, the hand sinks into the ground at the beginning, but it's not too terribly noticable. The hand was modeled in Wings 3D. When I imported it into AM, it looked like there were holes all over the model. The go away once you render the animation, but it bothers me anyway, does anyone know why it does this?

Please use the .wmv file (windows media), you'll have to actually download it, but it isn't as harsh on geocities terrible bandwidth and it is the full version. The quicktime version can be viewed straight from the website but isn't the full version (missing credits)

.WMV file:

http://www.geocities.com/jurncostorage/hands_down.zip

Quicktime:

http://www.geocities.com/jurncostorage/hands_down2.mov

I apologize if they don't work, but that would be geocities problem not mine. Please tell me what you think!

My main project is a superhero project that I am afraid I can't release any details on at the moment. But, I was wondering if anyone knows a good website for modeling animatable heads. I have really nice looking legs, a decent torso, but I don't know how to make a head. So if anyone could help out there, It would be apreciated.

Thanks, I've always had a fascination with hands, as seen in the screen shot below. The screen shot shows a short film that I never was able to finish due to technical limitations on the software I was using. I used a freeware program called Alice which was very hard to work with. There is actually some fun stuff in it that will most likely be carried over to hands down, I wish I could show what I had completed of the film but the file is so huge my website would probably crash. That project was my first encounter with 3D animation.

post-7-1074743808.jpg