Hash, Inc. Forums

Rendering problems on some models, 14v

chopper

Hi all :rolleyes:

I am having problems with a few selected models in rendering on 14v, prior to rendering I get lines shooting out of the models in real time.

Please see attach, from Leopard Queen project and the other is a helicopter model,

Can someone please check to see if they are having the same problem, it seems to work fine on 13vt.

post-10440-1187107090_thumb.jpg

post-10440-1187107150_thumb.jpg

Hi Jon

No it is not limited to real time nor does spacebar fix this error. When rendering it takes hours, I usually stop it before it completes its render, however in 13vt it renders within seconds.

Can you please render this model in 14v to see if this problem exist in a different computer.

barbarian.mdl

Perry

I loaded the Leopard Queen project and opened a window for the barbarian and did quick render with no problems. This was on a PC Pent 4 at 1.7

Tried the helicopter same results. Will try a full render

The helicopter propel group seems to be the problem if you hide this group the model will render fast but if you try to render the propel group it hangs

I did a quick modification to the central part of the propel group and it now seems to render fine... the mod might need tweaking

mod_helicopter.zip

Will look at the barbarian later

Barbarian hangs on final render

Posting for additional verification sake:

I just tested (animation preview render) the Barbarian rigged 3 from the extra DVD in v14 (latest as of posting date) and also had it hang (around 30% as well), but the lines shooting out problem I didn't encounter with it. An animation preview in V13t though did render it in seconds.

I see the lines shooting out problem only when I PageUp to set the number of realtime polys per patch to 16 (the second-highest setting), or if I enter Bones mode. The lines are shooting out of the CPs under his fingernails, which seem to be modeled in a peculiar way. Deleting those CPs may solve the problem.

Thanks Guys for checking it out for me, sorry I did not respond sooner but it was 4:30 am in Australian time and I fell asleep.

I will make a report on it. I really love this program and I always trying to find bugs in it so as to inform AM programers to make it super stable, not that it nearly is. :D