Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Hair as leafs

loserem

Hi everyone,

I asked two weeks ago some questions about modeling leafs and grass in A:M by using the Hair plugin in V13. I was refered to this URL:

http://www.hash.com/Technical_Reference/v110/Hair.htm

where I found everything I needed to know about.

Now, I've modelled some trees and I'm interested in blowing some air to make the leafs move softly. If I could softly move the branches too it would be even better.

Can anyone guide me in the best way to simulate this? Is there any tutorial that explains something similar?

Thanks a lot for your help

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If I could softly move the branches too it would be even better.

But some bones in the branches and gently move them - If you've set the dynamic option for the hair material on - the leaves will move when the branches move.

I find the dynamic constraint setting for the hair = spring, with forces on, with y force = 100 gives nice bounce, and returns to the original leaf/hair position - You might have to play with drag - if the response is too quick (try 20%), and turn off face camera. I'm not looking at the settings right now - so I'm winging it from memory.

Thanks to everyone for answering so quickly

I'm trying to use forces as described in the flag tutorial. I've turned the hair into spring too and I'm going to test all the preferences you've told me. The first I've noticed is that leaves bounce too much quick so I'll change the gravity as you've told me too.

I'll be back soon with news about it :)