Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

am on laptop

Stronghorn

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everytime I load a rotoscope on my laptop all I get is a blank box. The project workspace says the rotoscope is there but there is no actual picture in the window. Anybody know what setting I need to change? Thanks.

Hit "Ctrl+P" to open the "Options" menu, select the "Global" tab and change your "Realtime driver" (it's on the bottom left)...if it's "OpenGL", change it to "Direct3D", if it's "Direct3D" change it to "OpenGL".

Hope that helps.

everytime I load a rotoscope on my laptop all I get is a blank box. The project workspace says the rotoscope is there but there is no actual picture in the window. Anybody know what setting I need to change? Thanks.

Hit "Ctrl+P" to open the "Options" menu, select the "Global" tab and change your "Realtime driver" (it's on the bottom left)...if it's "OpenGL", change it to "Direct3D", if it's "Direct3D" change it to "OpenGL".

Hope that helps.

I tried changing from opengl to direct3d and I just get a black window where nothing is visible, maybe my laptop just sucks..lol!

update your video driver.

if you have the latest update, then yes... your laptop sucks.

-jon

You are right Jon, it sucks! I use Am on my laptop at breaks when at work to practice, learn what I can when I have free time. I have a wife two kids, one in college, and one just turned sixteen. My free time is limited so I try to use very opportunity to learn. I love AM and I am determined to acheive the goal of being able to model and animate. My desktop is is an XPS 410 so it works fine with AM, but I cannot carry it with me to work. So the sucky laptop will have to do for now and I will just have to get what I can out of it. Have a great day and all advise is always appreciated. I have learned a lot from this forum and everyone here is so polite and helpful. When I can maybve I will be able to help someone just starting out... Have a great day, night, morning, weekend and life!

you never indicated that you installed the latest video driver.

another idea: a:m loves targas -- .tga files. you're image prolly isn't in that format, so try that too.... after the video driver update.

with me, you'll just have to settle with helpful.

-jon

you never indicated that you installed the latest video driver.

another idea: a:m loves targas -- .tga files. you're image prolly isn't in that format, so try that too.... after the video driver update.

with me, you'll just have to settle with helpful.

-jon

Thanks I will try the suggestions, and the video driver is current.

if you're still having this problem, what kind of notebook is it?

which version of a:m are you using?

-jon

I haven't had a chance to load up AM even on my breaks at work so I haven't tried the latest tips as of yet. My laptop is a very basic inspiron 1000 from Dell. I probably should be happy to be able to do anything with AM on it. Thank you for trying to help.