Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Null rigging

satyajit2000

Hi,

I was studying the face rig portion of the squetch rig. Hat's off to David Simmons !

However, I noticed a translate relationships are applied to NULLs (as shown in the attached screenshot).

post-987-1185734980_thumb.jpg

Can someone tell me how's this done? How a translate relationship can be applied to a NULL, such as when the NULL is animated a pose or a muscle animation is done. Like in the FACE RIG?

Satyajit

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the modelling window (bones mode) select a null. Go to the nulls properties and open the transform data, select the desired translation (x, y, z), face rig uses x and y, right click on it and select new relationship, then set the desired pose slider. Setup each (x and y) translation with different sliders, then you can animate both sliders at the same time by translating the null.

Hi,

I was studying the face rig portion of the squetch rig. Hat's off to David Simmons !

However, I noticed a translate relationships are applied to NULLs (as shown in the attached screenshot).

Can someone tell me how's this done? How a translate relationship can be applied to a NULL, such as when the NULL is animated a pose or a muscle animation is done. Like in the FACE RIG?

Satyajit

The FACE controls were put together by Mark Strohbehn, the bone rig for the face is what I did...it's confusing, but I just want to make sure that Mark gets the credit for his work...he did a great job.