Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Help with Shaggy

Russell

I have been working my way through the projects in the manual. I keep returning to excersie 6 "The door's stuck" to try and resolve a major problem I have been experiencing. I will create a path for Shaggy from offscreen left to just infront of the door. I assign the action of walking to the model of Shaggy. The animated character "Shaggy" walks neatly onto screen and pauses in mid-stride before the door. So far OK. I then advance the frames by 5 and position Shaggy standing with both feet firmly planted in a standing at rest posture. In addition I move the right hand to the door knob. At this point I will run the animation to see how the motion flows and, to my consternation, Shaggy no longer walks from off screen but instead slides along on planted feet. I have tried "holding last frame" setting "Transistion to next action" with no success. I would appreciate any help in this problem.

By request I'm posting, see attachment, the file here for disection.

Thanks

Russ

Shaggy_and_the_Door__s_Stuck.prj

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The resolute walk isn't embedded in the project. There are several ways to solve the problem with the easiest probably being to delete the right foot and toe target bones in the chor action on shaggy. I don't think they're really doing anything.