Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Lighting A Ladybug

I need help on the lighting. Could anybody give me any suggestions for making this scene look like it took place in the daytime? I don't want to use radiosity. Please, I need help. This is going to be entered into the image contest!

post-10457-1184821794_thumb.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think a lens flare would be very appropriate for this scene, unless you change the angle of the sun. I would simply try changing the light color to a really soft yellow / almost white. The global lighting setup seems pretty good and it already looks like it is in full daylight to me. Try experimenting with different light colors, but keep them really fairly close to the white side of the spectrum.

Very cute ladybug...I dig it :)

You can get a strong suggestion of sunlight by having one light yellow light overhead and all other lighting very light blue. Also experiment with light yellow specular reflections off hard surfaces (eyes, wing covers).

this image might help on your grass settings...

grass1024x768.jpg

i guess if the glow thing didn't work then try phatso's suggestion....

adding a sense of time rather than mid day...theres lots of effect you can get...but with this scene you can go as abnormal as you want to!

and your material settings are just as important as you lighting

also one more thing i just noticed, on a lady bug the head and legs are connected to a base body so in other words the legs and body should have the same material....