Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

trying animation

I have always been messing with animating but i just havent gotten the hang of it yet. I made this animation as another try. I dont think it is my best or very good because all of the twitches that are going on throughout the short.

i need some advice or pointers on what i need to do to make it better.

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h127/ret...nt=27269d2d.flv

thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, that's not bad at all! :)

I like the Thom in the back. Looks very nice.

The hand moves a tad slow, and you might want to clean up a few keyframes in there. Overlap your motions. As in, keep say... The index finger following the other finger shapes a little longer and then ease it out to the poke, meanwhile the other fingers move a bit, and the arms motion also is in work. That may sound confusing, but... When all is said and done, that's a pretty good animation! :D

A stopwatch (or firm sense of how long a second is) is a great tool. Act it out and note where the keyframes need to be. (There's a tool here somewhere for keeping track of timing, which I intend to download when I get to seriously animating my project.)

Specific hints: hmm... How bout having the rear thom react to the poke faster and more violently, like he'd been punched in the stomach. And maybe have him shake his fists longer, until that moment, instead of standing there and waiting for the next indignity.