Hash, Inc. Forums

Animating Fog

How does one animate the effect of fog rolling in from the camera's settings in the choreography. A:M seems to only want to give me fog from the render settings, which as far as I understand can't be animated.

I would like to get the "before" and "after" effect as seen from these two images.

Thanks for your help!

post-3143-1184779336_thumb.jpg

post-3143-1184779343_thumb.jpg

• Hash Fellow

Wispy fog with moving and flowing tendrils would need some sort of particle effect. Much experimenting would be needed to perfect such an effect.

However it is possible to animate the fog settings in the camera's properties panel to vary the start and stop distances. This can get a general effect of the fog increasing. Change the fog settings on different frames to set keyframes for them. You can see the channels this creates in the Project workspace.

I have created the animated fog from the camera's settings (as recommended) but when I render it will not animate. It seems to only render the fog from the render settings and the fog stays the same from frame 0 to frame 300. Any suggestions?