Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

low density cartoon woman

JohnArtbox

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, when u say low density u mean it! That should be easy to animate! Maybe she could get together with my character, they seem a perfect match lol!!!

Im truly impressed by the low density/high detail you've created here. Be sure to post an animation, i want to see how it looks with the amount of splines youve managed to use! Great work!

SeanC.

Thanks Guys. :D

Zaryin:There's fan bones to be inserted at the major joints(including the shoulder)

I'm going to add v11 hair and eyelids. Unfortunately that seems to mean losing the porcelain(it's not working for me in the Alpha).

Fan bones added at major joints, no smartskinning

posed.jpg

It's an exercise with flow-on into my Superhero short.

I've always liked working with really simple characters, but I've had to add spline details to smooth out creasing. With the biased splines, porcelain, and Skycast lighting I thought I'd go back and how a simple character would turn out.

With meshes this simple I can quickly modify characters and add details(in certain areas). The man was about an hours work on top of the woman mesh and all the setup was retained.

Does anybody know why the hair is so much darker than its assigned colour(bright yellow) ? or why I'm getting the little square shaped artifacts on the hair

(Rendered in the alpha)?

man_woman.jpg

Natess44: I'll try that, but it shouldn't be the case. At least not to the degree that it's happening.

Christina:The man i'm referring to is the left hand model of the two in the picture with hair. I often start with a completed mesh and modify it if I have one that I think is close enough. for example I used the man's face to build the woman's.

I import the model and roughly shape it by cntrl + scaling, translating and rotating bones, I then use a distorion box to get it into the general shape and then tweak by hand. For the woman I added an extra spline around the mouth for the lips and added an extra one around the eyes to allow for the extra width of the face. For the hippo I deleted several splines on the legs and arms, pulled the spiles into shape and added the circular splines for the nostrils.