Hash, Inc. Forums
Ilidrake

Shadowrun Game

It's a FPS!!! Shadowrun is a RPG(role playing game)!!! I've been away from the community here for a while (personnal problems) and I used to be a contributor to TWO but I've backed out of animating completely and have been focusing on game development. After seeing and playing the new Shadowrun I've decided to start a project that has been sitting in my notebook for 3 years. A Shadowrun RTS. I'll try to keep everyone posted here and on the website.

It's a FPS!!! Shadowrun is a RPG(role playing game)!!! I've been away from the community here for a while (personnal problems) and I used to be a contributor to TWO but I've backed out of animating completely and have been focusing on game development. After seeing and playing the new Shadowrun I've decided to start a project that has been sitting in my notebook for 3 years. A Shadowrun RTS. I'll try to keep everyone posted here and on the website.

So you're upset because they made a RPG into a FPS and your response is to make a RTS.... Isn't that essentially what you got upset at M$ for doing?

:lol:

Good luck with your project and keep us in the loop. Just remember to have dwarves with flamethrowers that explode when they die. :)

So you're upset because they made a RPG into a FPS and your response is to make a RTS.... Isn't that essentially what you got upset at M$ for doing?

:lol:

Good luck with your project and keep us in the loop. Just remember to have dwarves with flamethrowers that explode when they die. :)

Hmmmm... it's not really an RTS, that's just the only term I could think of to describe it. It RPG with the iso-camera, and the player conrols 4 characters instead of 1 so it's got a bit of RTS, RPG, Strategy in it. A combo.

I will keep everyone posted. :)

Sooo, a 3rd person strategy/fps? Like... oh what's that game, the one where you control giant armies and can create a hero which you can control from a 3rd person view at certain times. Can't remember what it was called, but it was awesome.

But in this case you will simply control a group of runners (the max will be four). There will be a story as the player takes runs from Johnsons and progresses the story. Right now I'm working on the Character Creation. I am currently looking for people to help model the characters and such.