Hash, Inc. Forums

2001 Rig Issues

LeeAnderson

Hey Hash-folk!

Well, I know I should be using the Squetch rig, but I just wanted to get this done (rigging is by far my LEAST favorite part of the process).

Okay, so I'm ready to rig the hands...but I'm not sure where to start! Okay, obviously I need to line the fingers up first...but then what? What bones to I assign where? And once I get them assigned how to I animate them? I've tried a few things but I'm stumped...

Here are some pictures:

bobahandwire.JPG

bobahand.JPG

Oh yes, and I'll be donating the model as soon as I'm done :D

Lee

After you line up the bones, you then need to assign the CPs to them. You can use Auto Assign to quickly (albeit a little rough) assign CPs to the bones. You then need to check & make sure the right CPs are assigned to the right bone.

To move your character to see if everything is peachy, you'll need to do that in an Action or Chor.

Here's the Show Some Backbone tutorial.

Thanks Dhar! That's a start...

Back in the days before the 2001 setup you'd rig a hand like this:

bobahandwireoldrig.JPG

But now, which bones do I assign to which joints? Do I assign the bones circled in red and then move the bone circled in blue? I'm just not sure which bones to assign.

bobahandwirediagram.JPG

Auto assign wouldn't be a good idea because I have the rest of the model rigged so far:

bobarigged.JPG

Thanks for the help!

Lee

Your best bet is to look at a model on the cd.

The large pink bone is the controller bone. The smaller bone inside of it (purple?) is the first bone in the finger (positioned at the first knuckle). The 2 smaller bones are the second and third bones in the finger positioned at the knuckles.

Why didn't you try installing the posable squetch rig?

Your best bet is to look at a model on the cd.

The large pink bone is the controller bone. The smaller bone inside of it (purple?) is the first bone in the finger (positioned at the first knuckle). The 2 smaller bones are the second and third bones in the finger positioned at the knuckles.

Thanks Mark, that was it!

Why didn't you try installing the posable squetch rig?

There's no good excuse, except that I had used 2001 before and wanted to go through this quickly.

That's a really cool Boba, dude!

You should really give the posable installer for the squetch rig a try next time. Even a noob like me was able to figure it out. :-)

Hey Mark, thanks...maybe I'll try it next time :D

Here's the finished Fett--to be appearing on an ExtrasDVD near you!

bobarigdone.JPG

Lee