Hash, Inc. Forums

ATA Update

Hey Guys, It's Simon, Director and Animator for SIP's longest running 3D Production, Against The Author, The Beginning of the End. I just thought after recently returning to browse the Animation Master Forums that I should stop in and post a little preview on how things are going with ATA.

Well, the movie was suppose to be released Winter 2006, and, a few weeks before release, we had a system crash and lost most of our work. Yet, after re-installation of Animation Master and all other needed programs, SIP is well underway in producing Against The Author again, with the new release date set for later this year.

The movie itself is a 3D Animated Action/Comedy, expected to be released as a PG-13. The length of the movie will range anywhere from 40 minutes to a 1 hour 30 minute motion picture. This itself seems like an ambitious project, yet, only primary animation work is designed in A:M, most locations, and non-humanoid objects are created in Vue 6 Infinite, and then composed in 3D with the Animation Master footage.

Just to give you a preview of what we've managed to save and re-create, I've included a few pictures of final frames, as well as props and locations. (Just to tip you off before you comment, yes, they are the Eddie Model)

Frame from Scene 1, Shot 6

ATA1.bmp

Frame from Scene 1, Shot 4

ATA2.bmp

Still Global Radiosity shot of Descent Tower Missile System

Descent_Tower_Missile_System.bmp

Any comments or questions, feel free to fire away, or for more information, please visit the ATA Official Website.

- Thanks

Glad to read your project is back on track.

I'm sure this time you have setup a backup strategy so crash won't affect you anymore.

40min to 1h 30min? This is a quite large approximation!