Hash, Inc. Forums

Calling all Rochester, NY AM Users

Could I be the only one? I hope not. I moved here to Rochester in September, and have been severely missing the Chicago group. I've even thought of going to the NYNJAMUG meetings, but it's a bit too far for me. I'm hoping there are some more AM users around here that are interested in having some meetings to discuss problems, issues, techniques, etc. Buffalo and Syracuse users, make yourselves heard, too!

Hope to hear from you fellow Roch stars!

Carl

Hey! I'm in Rochester but I think I might be the only other one. There are a few members in surrounding cities but spread around and pretty far out. Oswego, Ithaca, Toronto (I think they have a group), etc. as I recall.

There used to be an option in this forum to look up members by location for those that had entered their location but that option is not there anymore or at least I can't find it.

They changed these forums a while back and it might not have made it.

Anyone? If not, can it be put back in?

• Admin

Just wanted to shout out for Carl here. Great to see you here in the forum again.

Its been too long. You've been missed.

Anyone in Carl's area you definitley want to take him up on the offer of getting together.

You'll learn a lot!

I was going to wait to see if there might be others but, I don't think anyone else is going to show up.

It's not really a group but I'm up for getting together just to meet if you are interested. You do have Rodney's seal of approval ;)

We can meet at my home or a bar or whatever. I'm on the East side in Fairport. 40, married, 3 kids, Just do 3D as a hobby. Feel free to check out my website.

http://home.rochester.rr.com/thekamps/

I'm actually from Illinois as well (Peoria, Pekin, Washington). I occasionally made it into Chicago to play in hockey tournaments and to hit a baseball game, etc. But that was a long time ago.

If you are interested, drop me an email or PM through the forum.

Very true: two members may not a group make, but I'll take you up on meeting for a drink or a cup of coffee. I'm not too far from you in Pittsford. Wanna try for an upcoming weekend? BTW, I think we should keep this conversation in the forums for now, in case we get the attention of anyone else who might want to join us.

Rodney, thanks for the welcome back. I've been kept too busy with web development, but this summer's all about A:M.

Carl

Great.

Now to the when and where.

Let me know what works for you.

This weekend might work for me if it's early afternoon.

I have a church potluck Sat. at 4:30 ish.

And Sunday at 3:30 ish, I have to go downtown to this thing for my wife's work (the Urban League Male cook off). Boring but I don't have to cook and I get to eat, yet again!

The following weekend is wide open on the calendar but then again, my wife has 5 days off starting on the 30th, and I don't know what she thinks/planning we are doing.

Where?

My home is always available. (I don't have a lap top so that is where my computer is).

Or the bookstore? I never grew up and aquired the taste for coffe but, my wife loves/recommends the carmel macchiato's there.

Do you have a favorite local pub?

Any thoughts?

Let me know.

How's about Saturday around 1:00? That should give us enough time to chat it up before you have to go to the church potluck. And if meeting at your house is OK with you, let's meet there. Then, next time, you can come over to my house. I can bring my iBook, which may not have all my latest and greatest, still has a thing or two on it.

I'll contact you offline to get your address.

Carl

Many thanks to thekamps for having me over on Saturday! The hospitality you and your family extended to me was greatly appreciated and it was great getting to talk AM again! I look forward to the next time we can get together!

See, all you Rochester lurkers. You can show yourselves now.

It was our pleasure and it was great meeting you. We just hope we didn't scare you away from having any children.

Thanks again for the educational childrens CD you created. It did copy successfully and little Samantha has been begging for the chance to try "HER" game out. I guess I can give her a turn :)