Hash, Inc. Forums

.Hack Vaccine

After you have read the script awnser this question  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello all, I'm working on a project called .Hack//Vaccine I was wandering if anyone would like to work on it with me. I have alot of the stuff done all ready, however I wouldn't mind changing that stuff. I'll attach some of the stuff I've already done, I'm working on one of the buildings now. I plan on upgrading my A:M but I'm currently saving up. Right now I have version 10.5 that I don't think is real (was supplied by school). So I may need to buy a new one. (edit: I found out how to to upgrade but I'm $30 short)

Attached is the script that I've been using to put my ideas on.

New script (June 19)

Along with a little thing I wrote

HackVaccine_script.doc

vaccine_intro.doc

It is set in .hack//Legend of the Twilight a.k.a. .hack//DUSK. Our hero's friend falls into a coma during a glitch. He meets rena and shugo and they go to a dungeon there they see aura and 20 or so bugged monsters pop up around them. They talk about Aura and they both vow to help each other. Rean, Shugo and Najee[1] are out to save Aura and Punky*'s friend. After that I haven't written but have ideas. I'll work on typing my written stuff onto the CPU later today.

[1] all names are not final;

*name not final; What Rena calls him short for his screen punk287**

** name not final***;

*** but it could be :P

Items to have before you start enlisting people:

1. A script, even if it's not complete. (Sounds like you have a good portion of the story... just write it down)

2. List of set locations. (You have already mentioned a dungeon)

3. Some basic story boards or animatics to give people direction.

From these you can derive a prop/model list.

This way you can show what you have on the list, what you need, and what stage each item is in.

i.e. - we had a huge list of props and character models for TWO and people were assigned to model and then those items were passed on for rigging and texturing.

Hope that helps... Good luck!

Thanks a lot MMZ yes I do have a script and some locations drown out. We used to have a scanner I have no clue where it is though. When it comes down to story boards I'm really bad at them. I guess I can use stick people :) For Matt, yeah I have some concept art and I rendered the chaos gate just now Ill go ahead and try to upload it now. Failed it was 2.6mb Ill post picture later

oh man i love .hack!!!

one thing you gotta do that all .hack games/shows do, the last thing you see always has you coming back for more. but as of helping out, i'm the kinda person that gives info, and does small little bits(like those ultra weak lvl 1 monsters[possibly data drained]). but sticking with something i can't do right now, theres other things i gotta do and work on for my own gain. i won't be able to dedicate much more than a small amount of time to do something small. but whatever you got thats small i'm up for it!

Okay here is photo one and photo two of what I've done so far. I'm working on lighting issues with the first picture test_0. If anyone one wants to know what other models I have digital art of I attached some. I've also drawn some characters too. I kind of wanted everyone that would work on it to draw one since the character is supposed to match the persons personality so I thought this would add greater range of character looks. Also on the building I attached the main red bricks are going to change. I want them to be two colors, black and grey. I'm having problems doing that does anyone know how?

post-10474-1181671230_thumb.jpg

post-10474-1181671337_thumb.jpg

post-10474-1181671482_thumb.jpg

post-10474-1181671491_thumb.jpg

post-10474-1181671503_thumb.jpg

I'm going back and fotrh on the main character design. I have one I'll take a picture of it tonight and try to post it up. As for Kite or Shugo... Yeah we should go with Kite and Blackrose however the characters are going to be Shugo and Rena, put if we do it DUSK style they will seem out of place. So I'll do my best to upload it today :D

Okay for those who want to know more here is a document with everything I've written about it, I haven't done the pictures yet. Also those bricks on the red building are not final I'm working on new material now, I just need to learn how to apply it so it repeats. I'll attach if anyone want to take a look at it. Also I added the ring around the chaos gate and made it less transparent.

Tell I post again,

Mohammad

post-10474-1181742758.jpg

post-10474-1181742856_thumb.jpg

YES!!! Thank you I couldn't get a good picture, Well the problem for me is that I can't get the ground down right. Do you want me to e-mail the project file so you can try to do that? (Do you think you can? How should I do it?) Okay that sounded a bit pushy but I think you could do it better. The chaos gate I did was from the delta server FYI. The pictures are what I used to model it. I just couldn't get the runes down so I said lets push it a bit. :( Not a good habit so I'm "Breaking the Habit" tonight.

post-10474-1181753203_thumb.jpg

post-10474-1181753209_thumb.jpg

Okay here are some of the (bad) drawings I have, there is about 4 more that I have that I don't have on the computer yet. Here it goes, awe in its awesome work. Also I'm adding more to the script. AND I will be unable to post for the weekend.

post-10474-1181865360_thumb.jpg

post-10474-1181865368_thumb.jpg

dude you seriously need to read some 'how to draw manga' books, goto to the library and read some, trust me it will help allot. but don't get those phony American made ones i'm talking the ones that look like they same straight from japan. heres what i used to use. there are multiple subjects and all of them are helpful. trust me i used to draw like you did(ok not as bad but pretty close[no i am not being discreet]). but after a 2 year anime craze i rented a whole lot of those.

heres what one maye looks like, anyone that looks like this is totally legit and not crappy. but get the basics versions first.

180px-How_to_draw_Manga_Special.jpg

Hey Mohammad,

I love .hack,

and i would LOVE to be on this project with you! just PM me an assignment of something you would like made or animated and i will try my best to make it good! *I am also begging to work on TWO ~tin woodman of oz~ so i may not aways be able to do the .hack assignments first...

But would love to help!

So, just PM me an assignment!

I get to show off some of the .hack//vaccine project at a club meeting tomorrow, I wrote a nice little thing up called "A Dream That Won't Die" It looks quite nice thinks to your chaos gate :D By the way I learned a lot off of that model so thanks man! Well I mean I learned that I really need to work on it, don't just be simply use the exotic (they look cooler), don't think it is hard see if you can lathe it, then extrude, then other easier techniques. I just need to stick my mind too it!

THE PROJECT HAS SORED BECAUSE OF "THE BLACK MAGE"!!!

if it wasn't for your inspiration and determination in this project it would have probaly been killed by now... Okay that was cheesy... No I just really love the chaos gate now. And you also showed me that a model may look hard but really it isn't. By the way I need to start working on Najee and Aura. I'm going to start on Aura (hopefully today) unless you want to. It is for a little trailer I put together it looks really neat. I'm editing a part in it now then Ill post it either later or tomorrow.

For what appears to be a free application, the Celtx program mentioned earlier in this thread is pretty cool.

Here is the link again in case anyone missed it Celtx.

The most impressive part about it is the script report ability. You can take a written script and break it down into locations, dialog, props, just about any kind of filtering needed to streamline the production process.

Dunno if it would be as useful for animation but for live action, it looks pretty awesome.....and free.....

Wade

Okay, I can't find a picture of Aura sideways, can someone draw a character sheet of Aura? Or at least a side view? I also need the models for a show this weekend someone signed me up for. So I'm showing .hack//vaccine I was hoping to make aura hang above and have najee stair up at her at the chaos gate area and that would be the still. Also attached is the newest version of the chaos gate area. Can anyone help me or give me pointers on how to make the ruins effect/material?

post-10474-1182346042_thumb.jpg

sometimes materials aren't always the way to go...a texture(image) would be better used...

heres some links

http://www.mayang.com/textures/

http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/texture_colour/

then things like cracks and dents can be used along with these....

also this plugin should help as well...

http://www.darksim.com/html/simbiont.html

but these are best for regular 3d(nontoon) and increase render times significantly...

Alright thanks for those links :) I downloaded two now I'm thinking on how to do this... towers with windows and a little porch thing like the first server, here I think this picture will remind you of what I'm talking about :)http://migrate.hash.com/forums/index.php?a...st&id=29120 and you can actually see there they used a decal too. Do you know/know anyone that knows how to rip those images? Or even recreate, it would be awesome if we could actually use the real ones. And black mage do you think that you could draw a aura character sheet or just a picture of her on the side?

Btw: check out the poll most people think Aura should die (like shugo said)! [no I haven't voted]

Okay I don't need one for her anymore sorry if you already started! But if you have then please do go ahead and post it, it would still help out, But hey if you want to upload some of your other drawings for Najee, Senay, and/or punk287 art you could ;) (wait I used the wink last post I'm killing it)

Thanks,

Mohammad ;)