Hash, Inc. Forums

Toon Frog

Haha! funny character. I hope you plan to animate him?

I'm building him as a modeling exercise, and I'd like to use him to get back into practicing my animation. I've been too busy to animate much in a while and I wanted a new character to work with.

glad you like him!

matt

nice pose

Thanks. With this guy I'm going to try to spend some more time getting a really flexible rig (especially face). I usually get tired of rigging before I have a really animatable character, and then the animation suffers since it isn't easy to do everything it is supposed to do.

I've been kicking around some ideas for about him performing in a circus or carnival, but it will be a way down the road.

As soon as I get some more facial controls built in he'll probably become my avatar. But i don't really need a logo right now. I just want something fun to animate. And I had an idea for an entry in the Lost civilization contest with him, but I dont' konw if I'll have time to do it.

nice pose

Thanks. With this guy I'm going to try to spend some more time getting a really flexible rig (especially face). I usually get tired of rigging before I have a really animatable character, and then the animation suffers since it isn't easy to do everything it is supposed to do.

I've been kicking around some ideas for about him performing in a circus or carnival, but it will be a way down the road.

He is an AMAZING character animating should be loads of fun!

My only advice make him what you want him to be.

Hope you have fun!

Case

He looks great, but a little request. How does he look cel-shaded? Bet it's awesome.

The shading is just the real-time render from within AM. I just took a few screenshots from the action window. I haven't decided if I'll use a real cel shader on him or not when I render.

Also the decals are very simple one color images, and I think that lends to the cel-shaded look.

Glad you like him.

post-1081-1182575486_thumb.jpg post-1081-1182564116_thumb.jpg

My latest pose. I've added a few expressions and played around with giving him flexible eyes. It makes him much more expressive.

(but he still needs a tongue...)

{edit} I decided my Frog needed a moped, and I was off today...

about 5 hour modeling the moped.

• 7 months later...