Hash, Inc. Forums

sand "dragon"

Used very simple model, the terrain wizard in the beta , a few simbiot materials, and an animation on a layer.

:blink:

test.mov

Nothing great but rendered nicely

As Dhar said practice practice pratice...this took longer to render than setup

All in 14??? Great! Makes me want to sing..."Puff, the magic dragon..."

BTW... I recently was reading the words to "Puff, the magic dragon' and noticed they mention 'Sealing wax'. Now, I have noticed 'sealing wax' making appearances in other famous songs as well...like in the Rolling Stones 19th Nervous Breakdown... "Your Mother who protected you owes a million dollars tax-Your Father still perfecting ways of making sealing wax"

What is sealing wax? Is it a British/Drug thing?

Yep, back before envelopes with adhesive, you just folded the paper, dripped some wax on it and pressed your seal which both sealed the document and affixed your seal to it.

In any case, sealing wax, once used, was the most useless stuff on the planet. It was a little blob of melted wax you had to throw away. In both songs it is mentioned to show the triviality of the stuff the person is concerned with, in one case to show his sense of the wonderous, and the other to show how small-minded the guy is.

-Vance

What is sealing wax? Is it a British/Drug thing?

Well, I don't think it's a Drug because the song was at first a lullaby for kids.

I still remember my mum singing it. And yes, I'm Swedish but I liked the song. :)

johnl3d:

Looks great!

Keep it up! :D