Hash, Inc. Forums

automotive- AUDI TT car modeling

hello there

i was checking my old models when i found an uncompleted audi wire frame, this one was one of my tests while i was trying to model automotive models in AM. i decided to complete it, here's the result.

also there's a wireframe image for the car from inside, i tried to make it simple to not puch the patche count higher.

i hope to get your comments if something is wrong or if have to modify something to make it better,

thanks

post-6866-1179522502_thumb.jpg

post-6866-1179522574_thumb.jpg

Very good - I think that with vehicles, a low patch count is your friend, because it cuts down on creases and artefacts. The only critiques I can come up with are the specularity of the paint and the material for the back seat, so that gives an idea how good the model is!

• Hash Fellow

I think that's a fine looking model! I agree something looks a bit noisy in the uphlostery in the back.

What this really needs is some automotive "glamour" lighting. Typically they'll put some huge squarish lights above the car to make big reflections in the paint.

ok...i tried to test deffrent material settings but couldn't achive the look of the metalic body of the car, does anyone know the best settings?

ofcourse i will use some white squares above the car to get the look of reflective surface, i'm using the skylight reg lighting setup...if there's something else better, i would be happy to know it.

i increased the rougness of the back chair mat by mistake so that's why it looks bad, i adjusted that already...

i would like to know if u got ideas for the car paint and lighting...

thanx in advance

• Hash Fellow
ok...i tried to test deffrent material settings but couldn't achive the look of the metalic body of the car, does anyone know the best settings?

a painted car won't look like metal, it will look like a painted surface.

ofcourse i will use some white squares above the car to get the look of reflective surface, i'm using the skylight reg lighting setup...if there's something else better, i would be happy to know it.

quick and dirty car paint...

http://migrate.hash.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=210376

يبدو لي جيد! احب الافكار في الطلاء والزجاج ، يبدو اكثر واقعيه.

Looks good to me! I like the reflections in the paint and glass, it looks more real.

thanks...the reflection is a real building model but somehow far from the car, i didn't understand what does exr decals means matt...can u explain more?

i liked the truck that agep did, he's a realy great artist, i wish i can do a littel good work of his..

يبدو لي جيد! احب الافكار في الطلاء والزجاج ، يبدو اكثر واقعيه.

Looks good to me! I like the reflections in the paint and glass, it looks more real.

Haaaaay! :D

I didn't know you spoke Arabic :lol:

aha...i c.....ok..what is that suppose to mean:(

i would like to ask first, do i need to use it or the result i got in my last image is good enough??

realastic car rendering is a big challenge for me with AM ver11 while no HDRI or anything exist...i'm not going to use this audi in a project or a movie, it will go directly to www.3dfrogstore.com for sale...i made it for sale infact...but beside this, i wanted tocome up with something good and looks like what other 3d apps can do...so it's just about smoothing and rendering challenge and...sale:)