I can't make any good models...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I can't make any good models, and i want to use other ones, so i was wondering where i should go to get models for free that i can use on AM. If you know it'd help me out a lot if you could tell me. Thanks

The models which work best in A:M are ones created in A:M, because of the difference between spline models and polygon models. There are lots of free ones on the A:M extras CD, which if you don't have you can download. These are created by experts, and the human ones are fully rigged so you can animate right away. You can stretch/squeeze/recolor/cut and paste parts to make custom models. (This may necessitate re-rigging.) And you can pull them apart and see how they're made. That will hasten the day when you can model well on your own.

Also, if you snoop around this forum long enough, you will find links to people who offer other A:M models.

Sometimes when I am 'speed-modelling' I will play Dr.Frankenstien... if I need a 3 finger hand, I'll copy/paste one from a model I did previously or maybe look thru the Xtra's DVD that comes with Hash's later versions. Do this until you are more comfortable modelling...you will learn a lot.