Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Peterbilt 379

Stian,

Please send me Your version of A:M... mine doesn't seem to work as well as yours... :huh:

I'm pretty certain, in fact, that mine is just completely broken... :(

You are a scary good modeler, Stian... How much time did you spend on this so far? I see you forgot a rivet or two.. I could model one for you in about a week, if that would help...

Sincerely,

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so totally envious of such amazing talent Stian.

Have you ever considered putting together a video tutorial of how you do such great models? Or maybe a series of tutorials? Such as modelling, lighting, rendering, texturing, etc.?

No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to get my models as clean looking as yours.

Thanks...

Al

Stian,

First time I've seen this post and I read mostly all the threads and one thing I really like about checking out a WIP late is watching the progress unfold in the following threads.

All I can say Stian is I've seen your work and you are the epitome of what I aspire to when it comes to mechanical modeling.

Your modeling skills are amazing and Martin must have counted his blessings the day you agreed to work on TWO!

George

Thank you guys for all the nice words. I'm speechless, don't know how to respond.... Thank you

Towing vehicle
Correct:)

Here is a new update. Still some details left to model. I didn't have much reference for the crane, only three photos of it, so many details might be incorrect. The model is now at about 31K...

Let me know what you think

Best regards

Stian

peterbilt_env0.jpg peterbilt_env1.jpg

... The very bright reflections are not a result of AO. There is a patch with an EXR decal applied to it. This decal has color values much brighter than white so you can get more intense reflections.

Hee hee...

I have this image in my head now of a photography studio in the "real world" with something like that. There would be warnings all over the place and everyone on the set would need to wear high powered sun screen and special glasses to avoid 3rd degree burns and going blind.

"Put your glasses on everyone! We're rolling in the UberDuberXPCS3 light panel!"

-vern

Hmmm, does this thing transform into a big robot?????
Funny you mentioned that. Sorry no transformers this time. But a few splines down the road on this project I discovered that Optimus Prime in the upcoming Transformers movie actually is a Peterbilt. Funny, since a few project ago I made the Mustang transformers.