Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Peg's Mansion

gazzamataz

Well, I have resumed work on me pet-project and have been adding things to Peg's Mansion as well as colouring it in!

It still needs work on the tree leaves and bark, and the obvious tile pattern on the tower - but hey! - I have never really done this texturing bit before ;)

I have the '3D Painting & Texturing' book on the way which should help alot! Looking forward to your comments :blink:

mansion.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a nice scene.. I like the cartoon feel it has; I also like how the brown wood on the house cruves a bit that really adds character to it..... my only two critz are the ones you mention the tiling on the tower and trees....

I look forward to more updates..

Darklimit said:

I like the cartoon feel it has
That's exactly what I want - none of this photo-realistic stuff - takes too long to do that LOL :D

Mega said:

What are you planning to do with the background? Also, what type of lighting are you using?

I am not planning on doing too much with the backgrund at the moment... I think I will render out some trees as a layer and slap it on to make it look like a wood in the background or hills or something. AS for the lighting :blink: I haven't done a thing other than just mod the default lights that a new choreography creates.

Sean C said:

Looks like something you'd see in a kids show

Again, that's exactly what I want! It's intended for a series of Children's stories that I have been working on since I was... oh, let me see now... er... hum...

Thanks for the comments people, I really appreciate them it! Helps kick me into gear and get on with this project ;)

Zaryin said:

Glad to se you are working on your project again
I am glad to be back at my project again, not only that but using AM again is a GREAT feeling!

Jim said:

wacky

What do you mean wacky? My middle name's wacky! Vernon adopted it I invented it :D

• Hash Fellow

I like the scene and I think the look is quite fun. I think that style of house is called "half-timbered"? If that's the plan you maybe might add some diagonal timbers; those seem to be a hallmark of that style and would add some detail.

I can go for the stone tower (ya gotta keep your damsels somewhere, right? ;) ) but I'm not sold on that stone structure in front of the house, though. It seems out of place for such a dwelling. Keep the tudor front door but move it back flush with the front of the house and maybe have just a stone arch framing it?

But it looks like a very promising project. :)