Hash, Inc. Forums

Help with sweeper.

Hey so i was trying out the sweeper plugin that comes with animation master and i cant get it to work.

There is a drop down list for crossections but mine stays blank. I looked at the tutorials on the sweeper website and i follow the directions percicely (i think) Is there some hidden setting or a secret code i have to know? I named the crosection the right way but it dosnt display. If anyone here uses sweeper could you please help me with this? Thanks

I don't use sweeper, although I'd like to one day, but I did the first tutorial on the web site, and it worked for me.

Did you create your cross section, and give it a named group? Then, create a path, highlight it, and go into Sweeper. Even though the dropdown for Cross-section on the dialogue window is blank, if you click the dropdown arrow, the named group should be there.

It was for me anyway :)

John...

Thing of beauty!

1. create your design in the top view (5 on num pad) Select it and rename it in the group in PWS.

2. create your path in front view (2 on num pad) select it and rename it in the group in PWS.

3. Stay in front view, Right click your path in Project WorkSpace and scroll down to plugins > sweeper

4. Stay in front view, Select your named design in sweeper dialog box and make adjustments in parameters if needed/wanted.

5. click ok

6. bingo! done!

Proof: Zweep.jpg

Thanks John!

• Admin
Yea i have done all that but it still dosnt work. When i click the dropdown box, the groups dont appear. I am on windows 2000 so if there is anyone else that can use sweeper on 2000 i would love to hear it it works

What have you named your Groups in the Project Workspace?

Charlie the view is important for setting the shape or object to duplicate the 0,0,0 point is the center of the path the shape will follow but you can built a path in any view then name it and choose it in the chor as shown in the video and sweeper will follow it. Or will wind around it if you play with the angles and make a shape off center

John

Clonewar why not uninstall and reinstall ...maybe you have a bad installation.