Hash, Inc. Forums

Squetch Rig downloads

itsjustme

Did the updated Posable installation rig get posted somewhere yet?

Rusty

PS: Yes I'm still here. :-)

I haven't seen it get posted yet, Mark has been extremely busy. I have a copy (what I sent to Mark for review), if you have an immediate need I can send you a link. Anyone that needs it can PM me (I'll PM you Rusty).

• 4 weeks later...

David,

I got past the problem area with the install plug-in and am now working my way through the instructions in the 'resetting_all_compensates_06_15_2007.txt' document. I think that it goes without saying that for each compensate that needs resetting we must edit the appropriate relationship before we can do any resetting. Let me know if there is some easier way.

Also once your down the instruction list a ways, it is quite tedious reading the instruction then, going to the PWS and finding and adjusting the compensation then returning to the instruction sheet, again finding your place (sometimes double checking what step/sub-step you're on to be sure) then reading the next step and repeating the process over and over. Not only is this tedious but it is prone to error.

My brain has been working on ways to make this nicer and therefore faster. First I copied the instructions into a spread sheet so progress could be tracked and its much easier to see things in a table and thereby return to where you left off easier; you put an 'x' in front of the step to indicate you've completed it.

Second, for determining and editing the proper relationship, perhaps we could edit all of them upfront!

Finally, for making the constraints that need adjustment easier to find and get to, a unique tag could be added to the name and a PWS filter could be created to better isolate each one.

What do you think? Don't forget my question in the first paragraph on editing the relationship.

Cheers,

Rust

I think that it goes without saying that for each compensate that needs resetting we must edit the appropriate relationship before we can do any resetting.

No sir, you should edit the relationship after resetting the compensates. That way you get a true representation of what it will look like when editing the relationship.

Let me know if there is some easier way.

There are a couple of people that have talked about adding automatic resetting of compensates to the InstallRig plugin, but I don't know how far along that is...I haven't heard anything. Another way to make it easier would be to eliminate the need to compensate...unfortunately, I needed to use compensates in some key places for several reasons. The bones rig for the face uses the upper lip to raise the overall nose and each individual nostril, the upper and lower lip are compensating for the "Maxilla" and "LowerTeeth" bones and those are compensating for the "Jaw_geom". The cheek bones are compensating for the location of some of the nose bones, the eyes are compensating to aim at the eye targets, the eyelids are compensating for the eye bones, etc. There are also bones in the limbs that need compensating due to the split-up nature of this rig.

Eventually, there may be an easier way, at the moment I'm not aware of any.

Second, for determining and editing the proper relationship, perhaps we could edit all of them upfront!

I've thought that it might be possible to make a script that would reset the compensates using a text editor, but I haven't tried it. Of course, then you will be dealing with quaternions...math is not my strongest subject. I did some messing with Python and had some simple stuff, but I decided I don't want to spend that much time attempting to program...I'll leave that to people more adept than me.

Finally, for making the constraints that need adjustment easier to find and get to, a unique tag could be added to the name and a PWS filter could be created to better isolate each one.

What do you think?

I think that if you can figure out a way to make this simpler, I will do whatever I can to help.

No sir, you should edit the relationship after resetting the compensates. That way you get a true representation of what it will look like when editing the relationship.

David,

I guess I'm going to have to look like an idiot (I hate it when that happens). I tried LOL; I thought about it for 24 hours and even conducted some tests before replying because... your statement makes no sense to me at all... unless...

a) Resetting the compensates should be done while in the 'posable' action before you export to a model or,

B) I don't understand what you mean by 'resetting the compensates' or,

c) my understanding of how things work is off and, the current version of AM has a bug or,

d) I am missing something or misunderstanding you.

If 'a' then, this should be added to the posable instruction steps before he has you export the model from the action (or its there and I missed it) or,

If 'b' [and zeroing out the 'Enforcement', clicking on 'Compensate Mode' and resetting the enforcement to the original value] is not what you mean, what do you mean?

If 'c' then, you seem to be inferring that one should reset the compensates in either a modeling mode or in an action (what else is there? In a chor?)...

If modeling mode then, this makes no sense to me for many reasons plus, the latest version of AM won't let me adjust the enforcement.

If an action then, how does this get placed in the model.

If 'd' what am I missing?

In any case I'm going to feel stupid.

Red in the face,

Rusty

Rusty

I have started my first character with the poseable rig this weekend. If you find a way to check off the list let me know. I would be interested.

Steve

I have copied David's list and placed it in an EXCEL spread sheet with check boxes by each item. I'm attach this. If you do not have EXCEL let me know and I can place this list in an jpg image and you can use hardcopy.

Cheers,

Rusty

Hi Rusty

Did you send it pm? do have excel and will be excited to get this!!

Steve

Whoops... I meant to attach it. Here you go. All I did was take the text file, select all, copy and then paste into EXCEL. I pulled things around and added or deleted columns then put borders on some cells. It was quick and dirty and I have not tested it yet.

Cheers,

Rusty

Hi David!

This is a continuation of this post where I respond to your statement:

I needed to push forward so I went back to your wonderful Squetch_Installation videos and found where you reset the compensations. Here you do in fact edit the relationship before doing the . So regarding your reply that I should "edit the relationship after resetting the compensates", I'm going to have to gamble for now and edit the relationship 'in order to' reset the compensates. If I have to go back and redo them I'll be right were I'd be at if I'd waited for your response and anyway, I can see no other way to do this anyway.

Cheers,

Rusty

Hi David!

I needed to push forward so I went back to your wonderful Squetch_Installation videos and found where you reset the compensations. Here you do in fact edit the relationship before doing the . So regarding your reply that I should "edit the relationship after resetting the compensates", I'm going to have to gamble for now and edit the relationship 'in order to' reset the compensates. If I have to go back and redo them I'll be right were I'd be at if I'd waited for your response and anyway, I can see no other way to do this anyway.

Cheers,

Rusty

Maybe I misunderstood you, Rusty...what I meant was, you should reset the compensates before tweaking the enforcements. I'm guessing that is not what you meant. I still don't think I understand what you meant, but the way I did it in the tutorial is what I mean.

Hi David!

Cheers,

Rusty

Maybe I misunderstood you, Rusty...what I meant was, you should reset the compensates before tweaking the enforcements. I'm guessing that is not what you meant. I still don't think I understand what you meant, but the way I did it in the tutorial is what I mean.

:-) No worries. A lot of our exchanges go this way, I think its comical. And I still don't think I understand what I mean either. "Tweaking the enforcements"? Would not have thought of this. Do you get into this on the videos? (if you remember). If I can only get my models to move as well as the TWO models I'll be ecstatic.

r

:-) No worries. A lot of our exchanges go this way, I think its comical. And I still don't think I understand what I mean either. "Tweaking the enforcements"? Would not have thought of this. Do you get into this on the videos? (if you remember). If I can only get my models to move as well as the TWO models I'll be ecstatic.

r

LOL! Yessir, I've had a ton of conversations that go that way...text just doesn't work as good as looking over someone's shoulder, that's why I like video tutorials.

I didn't cover any of the enforcement tweaks I meant...those are in the face rig. I'm hoping to kick out a few tutorials along the way as I work on a personal project, so I should eventually have a video that shows what I mean. Since you already have a good working knowledge of the face rig, I don't think you're going to have any problems with that.

Since you already have a good working knowledge of the face rig, I don't think you're going to have any problems with that.

I don't know if I'd go that far LOL.

I just posted a couple of questions on the contents of the resetting_all_compensates_06_15_2007.txt file. The 2nd question I became completely sure of as I typed it in but newer folks might need this level of instruction.

The work you've put into this!

Cheers,

Rusty

• 4 weeks later...

First, here's an update to the last versions of the rig...only a couple of very small organizational tweaks and an updated and corrected sheet listing the compensates. I decided that there should be a finalized, completely straightened out version (as far as I can tell at the moment, at least) of the non-divided eyelid versions of the rig. The first reason is that there presently isn't a tutorial covering the installation of the divided eyelid setup. I'll do a cursory explanation as a stop-gap measure for now and I plan to go through rigging a face in the course of a personal project that I'll be starting a thread on in the WIP section soon. The second reason is that there may be people that don't like the new eyelid setup and would rather use the previous version.

Rather than try to maintain both eyelid versions, since the new version could be stripped down to be like the old setup, this will be the last release of the older eyelid setup. If there are requests for a step-by-step method of stripping the new version down, I'll try to get that done as time permits.

If you are using v11.1, you'll need the DLL files located here, there are instructions for installing them inside the ZIP file. You will need the InstallRig plugin for all versions. For the MirrorBones versions, you'll need the MirrorBone plugin. There is more information and add-ons on the Wiki.

------------------------------

EDIT

------------------------------

These files have been deleted, the latest biped versions are here and the latest Quad versions are here.

Here's the update with divided eyelids. In this update, along with the tweaks in the non-divided eyelid version, you have a lot more control of the eyelids. The example videos in the next post should give you an idea of what it can do, the divided eyelid versions of Squetchy Sam in this post has this setup installed so that you can mess with it.

Some of the ideas came from watching a demo of something Raf Anzovin is making for other software and from watching the behind the scenes of an animation I liked (also other software). I then added a few things that I thought would be nice to have, an animatable blink location, some squetching and the ability to reshape the eyelids on the 'Z' axis.

Mark will be uploading the Posable versions as soon as he's gone over them.

If anyone finds any problems with these, let me know and I'll fix it as fast as I can. Thanks to Mark Skodacek, Mark Strohbehn and David Seymour for double-checking these updates.

If you are using v11.1, you'll need the DLL files located here, there are instructions for installing them inside the ZIP file. You will need the InstallRig plugin for all versions. For the MirrorBones versions, you'll need the MirrorBone plugin. There is more information and add-ons on the Wiki.

----------------------------------

EDIT

The files that have been updated were deleted from this post...the next update is here.

Here's a quick look at installing the eye setup...the method in the Posable version is different, but pretty self-explanatory, I'll mention one thing in particular in the course of this explanation.

The orange "Eye_right_INSTALL" and "Eye_left_INSTALL" bones are translated, scaled and rotated using the modes for those purposes, then hidden (the tip of those bones end at the curvature of the eyeball). That makes it easier to see the red "Eyelids_right_rotate_INSTALL" and "Eyelids_left_rotate_INSTALL" bones, which are for rotating the eyelid bones (from the front view, using rotate mode) on their 'Z' axis in order to match the orientation of the eye sockets. Then, those rotate INSTALL bones are hidden. The white eyelid INSTALL bones are rotated and scaled using the modes for each so that they end at the eyelid along the curve of the lid (see Squetchy Sam for a reference) and hidden. This exposes the black blink INSTALL bones. The blink INSTALL bones then are rotated on their 'X' axis until their 'X' rotation is "0" (ideally, but close to that is fine...I wasn't precise in the example because I wanted to keep the video as short as possible). That should make the blink INSTALL bones have the same 'X' rotation as the orange "Eye_right_INSTALL" and "Eye_left_INSTALL" bones. The rotating of the black blink INSTALL bones is automated in the Posable installation rigs.

Hopefully, that will give you a good idea.

eyelid_installation_example_Sorenson3.mov

I've posted a final update in the "Getting Started" thread, with the standard eyelids.

Future updates with the "divided eyelids" will be posted here.

The zip contains the 4 and 5 finger versions (v13s or better), the compensation text file and a copy of the "InstallRig" plug-in if needed.

13s_Posable_Squetch_Rig_installations_08_10_2007_divided_eyelids.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the latest update. In this release, the spine for both the biped and quadruped versions now have an FK option and the quadruped versions have an FK option for the neck. The new Poses are "Animation_Controls/TORSO/unhide_FK_spine_controls" on both the biped and quadruped versions and "Animation_Controls/HEAD/NECK/unhide_FK_neck_controls" and "Animation_Controls/HEAD/NECK/hide_neck_base_control" on the quadrupeds.

A simple example of the updated spine setup is in this post, in case anyone wants to check it out. Thanks to Mack Chappelle for putting together some rigging tutorials that made me think differently. Definitely visit Mack's site, he's got a very ambitious tutorial section he's putting together. Thanks to Mark Skodacek for all of his advice and help, thanks to Mark Strohbehn for stress testing the updates and thanks to Nancy Gormezano for asking for the modifications to the Hippogyraf that led to these updates.

------------------------------------

EDIT

------------------------------------

The next update to the biped versions are here, the next Quad versions are here.

v12_spine_example_09_01_2007.zip

Are the plugin and default rigs going to be included with an update to the 14.x series? It would be nice if they were automatically installed with each update.

EDIT:

This page links to this file for the PC version of the plugin; however, the link is broken.

I don't know what will be included in the program installations, that's up to Hash. The plugin is presently included in the Posable installation ZIP. I posted both versions of the plugin in this post. I'll make a point to include the plugin in future versions of the rig. I was hesitant to include it before this because of the chance that the plugin would get updated, so I posted links.

What's the difference between the Posable Squetch Rig and the regular one?

The installation method...the Posable installation uses Poses to position the bones, then you export the Action you used to position the bones. The Action export only works 100% on v13s or later.

Hope that helps, Jeff.

One of these days, I swear, when I have some time, I am really going to go through these rigging tutorials. I really want to learn to rig. It seems the only paying jobs you can get is if you can model and rig a character.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like that makes it even easier to setup. You guys do excellent work. :)

I thought I'd post a "heads-up" for anyone that is about to rig a character. I'll be posting another rig update on Saturday, if no problems are found with the proposed versions. If someone needs the update sooner, I can send them a link if they PM me. This update improves the bicep flexing and adds some stuff for short shirt sleeves, it is a biped-only update.

Here's the next update to the biped rigs (these updates aren't necessary in the Quad rigs). The bicep flexing is improved and limited now and there are added geometry bones for a short-sleeved shirt. There is a new Pose, "Animation_Controls/Arm_Controls/sleeves_roll_like_biceps" which will roll the sleeve geometry bones like the biceps using a percentage slider. The sleeve geometry bones will work with limb bowing and general squetching...in extreme squashes you might have the arm go through the sleeve though, since there isn't any squetching built into the sleeves.

I have included versions of Squetchy Sam that have some make-shift sleeves so that it will be easier to see what the new stuff does.

This release has the InstallRig plugin included in the installation ZIPs.

If anyone finds a problem or something I missed, let me know and I'll fix it as fast as I can. Mark posted the Posable installations here.

If you are using v11.1, you'll need the DLL files located here, there are instructions for installing them inside the ZIP file. There is more information and add-ons on the Wiki.

EDIT

I forgot to thank Rusty Williamson for suggesting these updates and Mark Skodacek for double-checking everything...so, I'll tack that on here. Thanks guys! Sorry for the unintended omission.

EDIT

The next update is located here, the files from this post were deleted.

The V13 rigs work with V14 ,correct?

Yes, all versions will work with v13 or later. The v12 and v13 are identical, except the v13 installation won't open in earlier versions. The v11.1 versions don't have the FK/IK seamless switching, because that didn't get put in until late in the v12 cycle (otherwise, they are the same).

If you have v13s or later, I would recommend using the Posable installations that Mark will be posting shortly. They make the process a lot easier. At this time, there are only Posable installations for the biped rigs.

Hope that helps, Mike.

Daivd... et al.

Sleeves and Flex...

==================

Thank you David for... thanking me, LOL. When my dilemma with the short sleeve came up and I first heard that David was going to add this as a feature to the rig I almost said 'Wait, you can't have the rig do everything!'. Well I'm glad I kept my mouth shut! First, the sleeve addition actually makes sense because built into the Squetch rig are the flexing of the upper arm muscles which I did not know until I saw the upper arm doing strange things when I bent the arm at the elbow. You can adjust this muscle flex to zero (using a pose) for long sleeves but, if you want short sleeves and also some upper arm flex under the sleeves... well there you go... its needed. And yes, 'back when' I would have said 'David, don't add muscle flex in the rig... it doesn't belong there'. Again, I'm glad I wasn't there to say such a thing because bottom line: both the flex and the sleeve features work so damn well!

What else awaits me as stumble down this road named Transition to the Squetch Rig? One begins to wonder if instead of a destination, this is a journey. (just kidding) :-)

Reset Compensates... Spread Sheet... and 'The Monster'

========================================

This phase -- reset compensates -- kicks my ass... its just the kind of thing that does... for myself anyway. I created an EXCEL spread sheet and copied/pasted the instructions from the document and also firmed up the numbering system. I used this for a spell then had a crazy idea to automate the process just a little and I created what I now call 'The Monster'. Recently I planned to phase out the spread sheet -- an intermediate step to 'The Monster'. Just as I was doing this David asked me to maintain the darn spreed sheet. Maintaining 'The Monster' is hard enough and so I was backing away from maintaining the spread sheet as well. For one thing, its a duplication of effort. But... I'll do it at least one more time and post it here for anyone who wants it. Perhaps I'll keep it up, if its actually helping anyone. Nightly prayers beg for a plug-in to nuke this step.

As for 'The Monster', I'm also going to release it to the world at large... God help all of you. It makes the 'compensates' step easier for myself but it is also like swatting a fly using a construction crew welding jack hammers! Most of you will take a look, laugh with disbelief and wisely say 'thanks, but ah... no thanks!'

Give me a few days to a week.

Rusty

PS: I'll explain 'The Monster' when I turn it loose.

Edit: NOTE: I do not use any of the head/face rig currently and while the spread sheet also contains instructions for this area, The Monster does not. Also, I have had no opportunity to use anything other then the five finger biped posable rig therefore no spreadsheet or 'The Monster' addresses the 'Reset Compensates' document for the Quad rig.

David/Mark,

I had a PM from David which contained a link to the new version (sleeves, etc) of the posable install rig . I thought I'd downloaded it but can't find it now and, the link is now no good. Will the posable version be released soon?

Thanks (with a capital T),

Rusty

• 4 weeks later...

I decided I needed to post a temporary fix/update that people could use until the next update gets finished. Here's a version of Squetchy Sam that has a few fixes that are going to be in the next release. The updates in this are a fix for a toe problem when switching from IK to FK and back to IK (not for v11.1), an euler limit on the 'Z' rotation of the thumb control, a percentage "sleeves_squetch_like_bicep" Pose and a change of the "roll like" on the wrist fan bones to an "aim roll at".

To update a previous installation:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delete the "Animation_Controls/Leg_Controls/right_leg_FK_IK" (not for v11.1), "Animation_Controls/Leg_Controls/left_leg_FK_IK" (not for v11.1), "Rig_Components/arm_constraints_folder/hand_constraints" and "Rig_Components/arm_constraints_folder/arm_constraints".

Then drag those Poses from this Squetchy Sam to the installation you're updating and also drag the "Animation_Controls/Squetch_Controls/ARMS/sleeves_squetch_like_bicep" Pose to your model.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are a lot more things that will be in the next update, I'm hoping to get them finished soon.

---------------------------------------

EDIT

---------------------------------------

The next update is located here...this file was deleted, it isn't necessary now.

I decided I needed to post a temporary fix/update that people could use until the next update gets finished. Here's a version of Squetchy Sam that has a few fixes that are going to be in the next release. The updates in this are a fix for a toe problem when switching from IK to FK and back to IK (not for v11.1), an euler limit on the 'Z' rotation of the thumb control, a percentage "sleeves_squetch_like_bicep" Pose and a change of the "roll like" on the wrist fan bones to an "aim roll at".

Delete the "Animation_Controls/Leg_Controls/right_leg_FK_IK" (not for v11.1), "Animation_Controls/Leg_Controls/left_leg_FK_IK" (not for v11.1), "Rig_Components/arm_constraints_folder/hand_constraints" and "Rig_Components/arm_constraints_folder/arm_constraints".

Then drag those Poses from this Squetchy Sam to the installation you're updating and also drag the "Animation_Controls/Squetch_Controls/ARMS/sleeves_squetch_like_bicep" Pose to your model.

There are a lot more things that will be in the next update, I'm hoping to get them finished soon.

David,

Do I need to do these things to the rig you just sent me?

Thanks,

Rusty

David,

Thanks,

Rusty

The only Pose missing on that model would be the "Animation_Controls/Squetch_Controls/ARMS/sleeves_squetch_like_bicep" Pose...just drag that one over.

Hope that helps, Rusty.

David,

Thanks,

Rusty

The only Pose missing on that model would be the "Animation_Controls/Squetch_Controls/ARMS/sleeves_squetch_like_bicep" Pose...just drag that one over.

Hope that helps, Rusty.

David,

I've never 'dragged and dropped' a pose from one model to another -- do you 'drag' the pose from the Relationships area or from the User Properties area or... both?

Thanks,

Rusty

• 5 weeks later...

I take a minute here to say how great I found that squetch Rig.

All those sub-system adjustments and features are just fantastic !

You did a famous work guys !

it made animation and 3d riggin a very cool and funny experience .

thanks a bunch again !

:):):)

Al

Here's the next update...

Changes in this version:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fixed hiding of left_bicep_fan_geom in the "show_geom_bones" Pose

added "sleeve_squetch_like_bicep" Pose

corrected compensates sheet errors

added euler limit on thumb controller's 'Z' rotation

changed the "roll like" on the wrist fan bones to an "aim roll at"

did some re-parenting in the installation models for making the bicep_fan, bicep_base and thigh_base bones neater

fixed a toe problem when going from IK to FK and back to IK

added "ear_right_manual_movement" and "ear_left_manual_movement" Poses

"lips_to_jaw" Pose renamed "lower_lip_to_jaw"

added "Maxilla_to_LowerTeeth" Pose (for keeping the lips together when needed)

increased the accuracy of the eye aiming

made the "eyes_aim_at_Master_EyeTarget" Pose an on/off Pose so that it could be like an IK/FK switch...the "Master_EyeTarget" will follow the other set of controls when not in use (the v11.1 version doesn't work the same).

added some controls to control eye-crossing...there is a bone for each eye located above the "EyeAimerBone" that rotate on their 'Z' axis to control the inward/outward movement of the eyes.

added support for the BVH output of Luuk Steitner's facial motion capture software "Zign Track"

re-worked the face setup so that Pose sliders could be used to set limits and enforcements

made hips null always have a 0,0,0 rotation during installation in the Posable installation rig

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Posable installations will now have an added final step of importing a model that has the setup Expressions for the face in it...the Expressions didn't play nice with the installation Poses. There is a text file included in the Posable installation ZIP that lists the changes in the installation method.

The face setup has changed quite a bit...hopefully, everyone will find it easier (that's the goal, at least). The "face_setup_11_12_2007_instructions.zip" contains a PDF file with a step by step explanation.

The location of the origin of the cheek bones has changed, they now have their origin near the bridge of the nose...look at Squetchy Sam's rig for an example.

There is a quick PDF tutorial in the "Using_Zign_Track_with_FACE.zip" that explains how to use the output from Luuk Steitner's "Zign Track" motion capture program with the FACE controls in the Squetch Rig and standalone FACE installations.

I included as much as I could in each ZIP file...I had to separate out the instruction PDF's so that I wouldn't have ZIP's larger than 2 MB.

The "InstallRig" plugin is included in each installation ZIP, the DLL's necessary for the "InstallRig" plugin to work in v11.1 are included in the v11.1 ZIP's.

Thanks to Robert Holmén, Dhar Jabouri, Ken Heslip, Jeff Bolle, Rusty Williamson, Luuk Steitner, Mark Strohbehn and Mark Skodacek for their help with these improvements.

If anyone finds a problem, let me know and I'll fix it as fast as I can.

Mark Skodacek will be posting the Posable installations very soon. I'll try to have the Quadruped versions posted in the next day or two.

----------------------------------------------

EDIT

In the list of additions, I forgot to mention that there are now fan bones for the mouth and eyelids (another great idea from Mark Skodacek). These will eliminate the need for any SmartSkin on the eyelids for me...there may still be an occasion where SmartSkin is necessary, but this will make it more rare.

EDIT

The next update is located here...the rigs in this post were deleted. The Zign Track instructions haven't changed, so they are still here.

You've been one busy bee. Thanks a million.

added some controls to control eye-crossing...there is a bone for each eye located above the "EyeAimerBone" that rotate on their 'Z' axis to control the inward/outward movement of the eyes.

In cartoons, you often see the eyes rotate in different directions (like after the character is hit hard by a pan). Is it possible to allow for complete control over the rotation?

You've been one busy bee. Thanks a million.

In cartoons, you often see the eyes rotate in different directions (like after the character is hit hard by a pan). Is it possible to allow for complete control over the rotation?

I could add that, although there is still the ability to use the individual eye targets by unhiding them using the "Show Eye Targets" Pose in the "FACE Interface" folder. Do you think I still should add it, Dhar?

I havent looked at the squetch rig for a very long time. I just downloaded squetchy sam and wow! wow! wow! This is amazing stuff. Is squetchy sam free to use like say we wanted to use him for an 11 second club animation? I don't know if I'm ready for 11 second club yet but this would be a fantastic character to work with for it.

I havent looked at the squetch rig for a very long time. I just downloaded squetchy sam and wow! wow! wow! This is amazing stuff. Is squetchy sam free to use like say we wanted to use him for an 11 second club animation? I don't know if I'm ready for 11 second club yet but this would be a fantastic character to work with for it.

Squetchy Sam is free and you can use him for anything you like as far as I'm concerned, Dennis. I'm using him as my "test bed" for the rig, so he's always going to have the latest updates in him.

I could add that, although there is still the ability to use the individual eye targets by unhiding them using the "Show Eye Targets" Pose in the "FACE Interface" folder. Do you think I still should add it, Dhar?

No David. I don't think you should add it now that I know about the "Show_Eye_Targets". That'll do very nicely :)

What is there to be ready for the 11SC? It is open to all animators at any level for any medium.