Hash, Inc. Forums

FINAL STEP

mtpeak2

Hi David,

I'm sure things got skewed (by me). First of all I did a really lousy job of conveying what I wanted and I feel bad about that... you went through a lot more trouble then was needed (and a lot more trouble then I ever intended).

The instructions I listed showed how to get rid of everything except the head stuff on a character rigged with the Squetch Rig

I did not need this.

get rid of the head stuff on the Posable installation rig

This is all I needed.

then combine the two so that you had the head and face stuff from the previously installed character and a new installation for everything else.

I did not need this.

I saw that you had gone over board due to my lousy and misleading description and I did not want to put you out further then I already had. So I attempted to extract the steps I needed; I took the latest posable rig, renamed it and then did this part of your instructions:

1. Delete "Master_EyeTarget", "blink_main_INSTALL", "HeadProxy_INSTALL", "face_INSTALL" and the "FACE Interface_INSTALL_body_SQUETCH_base" (and their children).

2. Delete the "head_manual_control" bone and its' children (it's under one of the children of the "head_INSTALL" bone).

3. Under "Groups", delete the "FACE_groups" folder.

4. Delete the FACE control labels in the modeling window.

5. Delete all of the FACE related Smartskins.

6. Delete the following Pose folders:

a-"Animation_Controls/Face_underlying_controls"

b-"Animation_Controls/FACE Interface"

c-"Show_and_Hide_Rig_Components/hide_all_eyeblink_nulls"

d-"Show_and_Hide_Rig_Components/hide_face_setup_bones"

e-"Show_and_Hide_Rig_Components/hide_FACE_non_tweaking_bones"

I then imported this altered posable rig into my model (which was the body only, mesh only), I read in the action I had already created using the full rig -- this action only contained the steps up to the part where the head is dealt with -- skipping the 'head' step I then continued the last steps.

I looked things over and still feel that this should have worked but there are lots of places that I could have made mistakes.

David, if you followed all of the above and if you see something off the top of your head, let me know. But beyond this, please do not go to any more trouble on my account at this point. Please. Okay?

Cheers,

Rusty

PS: And don't take this post the wrong way -- I greatly appreciate all of the help you have tried to give me.

If you can point me at a model that you have rigged and what you want replaced, I can give you a step by step for that, Rusty.

Really don't need anything 'replaced'. I have working heads with assorted rigs... these just need to be constrained to the head bone. Any constraints imposed on the head by elements in the body (i.e. align head with chest or ??) should be connected to the head bone so this should work.

If I can not figure out why I'm getting an error from the plug-in I will probably come to you model in hand so to speak.

:-)

Rusty

• 3 months later...

I finished, but somehow I must have screwed up. Now of the FACE interface (meaning the splinage and cps for the interface, not bones) are there. What could I have done wrong? I'm going to redo it anyway because the lega aren't exactly perfect either, but I'd like to know what I could have done wrong.

EDIT: Somehow I must have deleted the splinage for the interface at some point. I have no I dea how I did this, but I guess I really have to redo it now. Thanks for the awesome material for this. It was pretty easy with all the intruction.

jd02.jpg

I finished, but somehow I must have screwed up. Now of the FACE interface (meaning the splinage and cps for the interface, not bones) are there. What could I have done wrong? I'm going to redo it anyway because the lega aren't exactly perfect either, but I'd like to know what I could have done wrong.

EDIT: Somehow I must have deleted the splinage for the interface at some point. I have no I dea how I did this, but I guess I really have to redo it now. Thanks for the awesome material for this. It was pretty easy with all the intruction.

You just need to set the "Animation_Controls/FACE Interface/FACE off/Joint Controls/Split Controls" Pose to "not set"....the interface splines will not export if it's set to anything else.

Hope that helps, Jeff.

I did do that, and I hit the spacebar after clicking in the window...hmm..../ I deleted all my work and am doing it over anyway. I'll let you know if it works this time. Just for reference I'm using 14a.

I did do that, and I hit the spacebar after clicking in the window...hmm..../ I deleted all my work and am doing it over anyway. I'll let you know if it works this time. Just for reference I'm using 14a.

Save your Action before you export it, then you only have to reload it for adjustments if needed.

Hope that helps, Jeff.

• 4 months later...