Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

STEP 6

mtpeak2

I opened the project again, and this time it shows up, however, the hide function doesn't seem to work in the Action window, ya know? Trying to hide all the CPs except for the eyes? I am in muscle mode, I choose the eyes, the Hide CPs button is grayed out and clicking H only gets me a "blong" sound.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I opened the project again, and this time it shows up, however, the hide function doesn't seem to work in the Action window, ya know? Trying to hide all the CPs except for the eyes? I am in muscle mode, I choose the eyes, the Hide CPs button is grayed out and clicking H only gets me a "blong" sound.

You should be able to do the hiding in the modeling window if the Action window is giving you problems.

Hope that helps.

You should be able to do the hiding in the modeling window if the Action window is giving you problems.

Hope that helps.

Yes, I did that, then when I go back to the Action window the unhide_eye_install_bone stops working again :angry:

:::Performing a clean install:::

Working fine now. It seems as though going in the PWS and manually selecting the eye_install_bone to unhide woke everything else up.

Making progress :)

Did the eye bones look like this image from the side when you unhid them, Dhar? If you unhid the INSTALL bone, that is not going to be what you need to see if you have the latest installation. You need to be able to see the "Eye_right_geom" bone to size the overall eye rig...it's the longest bone that is level.

eye_bones_unhide.png

You shouldn't have to unhide/hide bones in the objects folder or bones folder in the action. You should have no keyframes on any bone at all in the action, it should be all pose slider keys. You probably have a key on these bones to hide them, it's overriding the on/off pose.

Now I see what was happening; clicking in the empty space near the model seems to switch between Action and the rig. That's where I was getting confused as to why suddenly none of the sliders were working. They won't work if the Action is hi-lited. Action1 vs Action Object!

post-5367-1189660385_thumb.jpg

post-5367-1189660395_thumb.jpg

The Action Object isn't right, Dhar....it looks like you are importing your model into the rig in an Action (that's why you're getting the Action Object, I suspect). Just open the rig as a model (which you probably did), right mouse click on the name of the model in the PWS and select "Import/Model" (selecting the model you want to rig). Save the model out under a new name, then, open an Action by double-clicking on the "Actions" folder. Once that's done, you can use Action1 (the default name for a new Action) to install the rig. As you go along, periodically save the Action under a new name for safety.

Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

Hey everybody! :) I'm on this step right now with my J.D. model. I notice that the picture for the Eye scale portion of this step and what's acctually there are different now. Is it alright to leave rotate_eyelid_bones_Z_axis (front) at 0%. And where are those other settings that aren't where they used to be? I mean in your pic it looks like it all lines up nicely with the eye lids, but mine isn't lined up like you first pic.

I notice that the picture for the Eye scale portion of this step and what's acctually there are different now.

More control of the eyelids was added since this installation tutorial was made...there are short videos here and here that show what the setup can do.

Is it alright to leave rotate_eyelid_bones_Z_axis (front) at 0%.

Yes, it would be rare for me to use that Pose...but, if the entire eye socket is at an angle, it could be useful.

And where are those other settings that aren't where they used to be? I mean in your pic it looks like it all lines up nicely with the eye lids, but mine isn't lined up like you first pic.

Each eyelid is divided into three now, plus the corners. So, there are controls for positioning each division on the 'X' axis, 'Y' axis and scaling.

Hope that helps, Jeff...if not, I could always make a quick video.

I seem to be getting it, but J.D. has 12 splines for the eyelids (3 on the corners) Will one eyelid bone (the corner ones) be good enough for the 3 splines in each corner?

EDIT:

Here's a pic of the eyebones. Is this right? Also, I was screwing with the Hide/Unhide and now the main Hide/Unhide for the eye bones will only Hide/Unhide the main eye bone, not the eyelid bones. I have to do that in the eyelid area now. Is that also ok? :)

Another EDIT:

I have to redo these because my Eye_geom bone was sticking out about a foot, haha. So I resized that so it's just sticking out of the eye. SO now I have to resized the eyelid bones, but knowing if that pic is accurate to what it should basically look like would be nice.

Thanks again.

jd01.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • *A:M User*

I am on step 6 and when I unhide the eye install bones they do not show up. Infact the eyelid bones show up. Then when I hide them all but one install bone hides. I tried going to the bones listing and unhiding the install bones but they do not show up in the action. Any thoughts

Steve

I am on step 6 and when I unhide the eye install bones they do not show up. Infact the eyelid bones show up. Then when I hide them all but one install bone hides. I tried going to the bones listing and unhiding the install bones but they do not show up in the action. Any thoughts

Steve

The eyelid installation looks different than the last tutorial because the individual eyelid controls were added (along with a few other eye tweaks). When you unhide the eye INSTALL bones, you will see all of the eye bones, including the eyelid installation bones. You can hide the eyelid bones using the hiding Poses that are found in the "upper_eyelids", "lower_eyelids" and "eyelid_corners" folders in the "Step 6/eye_install" folder. That would leave you with the eye "geom" bones exposed...you can use the Poses in the "Step 6/eye_install" main folder to position the eye bones, then, unhide the eyelid bones to position them.

As soon as I get the next update released, I'll put together an updated installation tutorial while I work on a personal project...I've been trying to get to both for way too long.

Hope that helps, Steve.

• *A:M User*

Steve

The eyelid installation looks different than the last tutorial because the individual eyelid controls were added (along with a few other eye tweaks). When you unhide the eye INSTALL bones, you will see all of the eye bones, including the eyelid installation bones. You can hide the eyelid bones using the hiding Poses that are found in the "upper_eyelids", "lower_eyelids" and "eyelid_corners" folders in the "Step 6/eye_install" folder. That would leave you with the eye "geom" bones exposed...you can use the Poses in the "Step 6/eye_install" main folder to position the eye bones, then, unhide the eyelid bones to position them.

As soon as I get the next update released, I'll put together an updated installation tutorial while I work on a personal project...I've been trying to get to both for way too long.

Hope that helps, Steve.

Thanks David,

I tried that tonight in fact the eyelids would hide all but one. I could never get the eye install bones to unhide. I am unzipping and trying to import my action into the freshunrigged model

Steve