Hash, Inc. Forums

STEP 1

mtpeak2

Right now, I positioned like your screen cap example but if I were using a different model, what would be a good landmark for positioning the base bone here? Should it be positioned at the center of gravity? Centered on the Hips? the waist? the hankle? the neck? the head? Is there a rule?

For the most part, I would center the base bone in a position which gets the rig (install bones) in the closest position as possible to the geometry they are intended for, most likely the center of gravity will do.

Hi,

I'm doing both JD and one of mine. In a case like the attached image, would you straighten out the character or, if not, where would align the rig (waist, feet, head)?

Thanks,

Rusty

• 9 months later...

Not my call on that Daniel.

A new update will be coming soon. David and I have been doing a major overhaul on the rig (fixing some minor things, updating features and adding new ones). Once we have it ready for a release, I think David will be doing a new installation video tutorial.

• 1 month later...
  • Hash Fellow

Does the set of installation instructions that start in this thread apply to the latest version of the squetch rig found in this post:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?s=&am...st&p=268012

also, where is the install rig plugin that is mentioned at the end, or has that been superceded by some other workflow?

Is it the same as the one in this post?:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?s=&am...st&p=231403

Edit: wait, i found the plug in in the zip.

The install rig plug-in is in the downloadable zip folder of the most current version.

For the mostpart, the instruction steps are the same, but there are some differences. Step 6 has most of the changes added to it. The Final step in these threads has been changed, refer to the text instructions located in the zip.