Hash, Inc. Forums

ODD MULTIPLE POSES

I have a model that I am applying contraints to. Logically, when I create an action to test it should only show 1 pose as there is only one pose in the project/model. However, there were other poses I deleted and I think the project or model is somehow remenbering them and applying constraints. Or it could be Gremlins....I tried creating a new project and loading the model but the problem followed the model......

Attached is a screen shot showing 3 poses turned on, I do not know how to determine which pose is the right one as turning them off A - B - C has no effect on the action. Anyone encounter this before or have suggestions? Thanks,

MANY_POSES.bmp

Yes, thats where I deleted them. I forgot to mention what version I am using, V13.0M for PC.

The issue is in a basic 2001 style arm rig with Arm Hinge, Elbow and Bicep Orient - the elbow doesn't bend when I move the hand null. I don't know if its because I have intermediate bones (it is a robot so regular bone set-up wouldn't work). I am attaching 2 screen captures one from far off and a close up of the wrist set up.

OVERVIEW_BONES.bmp

HANDS_CLOSE_UP.bmp

Edited by UNGLAUBLICHUSA

To test a theory I created a new project and a sinple model with a basic arm bone set up. However, now I cannot constrain the Bicep to orient like the Bicep orient Bone. Can someone take a look and tell me what kind of Acid I've been dropping?

The "HAND" bone was the problem...I un-parented it then re-parented it, and then you could apply the constraint. I moved the bicep orient bone so that it wouldn't cause problems when bending the arm, adjusted the orientation of the "HAND NULL" and "ELBOW" and set the manipulator options to only allow one axis of rotation on the "ELBOW"...because I'm a compulsive straightener.

Hope that helps, Mark.

ARM_SETUP_TEST_updated.zip