Hash, Inc. Forums

Super Mario film (continued)

Nunsofamerica

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bad news for bowser,

as I was gonna reinstall AM to open the bowser model (I had to reinstall in on my new computer), I realised I didn't have my cd key here. I left it at my appartement and I'm staying at my parents' home for the summer... My appartment is at 5 hours drive fron here...

I'll try to contact some1 to see if it is possible to find the key but I can't start the model right now :wacko:

bad news for bowser,

as I was gonna reinstall AM to open the bowser model (I had to reinstall in on my new computer), I realised I didn't have my cd key here. I left it at my appartement and I'm staying at my parents' home for the summer... My appartment is at 5 hours drive fron here...

I'll try to contact some1 to see if it is possible to find the key but I can't start the model right now :wacko:

the key should be in your A:M community profile....but i don't know how to cheak it...

also when you reinstall A:M on your old computer your key is saved...you could try that...

oh also look in the A:M manual its in there too....

if all else fails put in a random number...thats what i did when i first got A:M and thought i lost it...then i found it in the manual lol.

hmm I don't see how to find the key on the profile.

my old computer is dead. They xchanged if with this new one because of the waranty

it is my manual that I left in my appartment so I cant find it here

maybe I could try to guess a number... are there letters in the key or only numbers?

Here's a list of things that still needs to be done:

Walk cycles for characters or any other animations

The hallway outside the bathroom (probably just a one-sided view with 1 or 2 props)

More props for princess peach's room

A few themed levels

Mysterious creature

Great job on bowser there. d(^_^) I'm going to be difficult and say you should merge the awesome-ness of both models. :P

The hallway outside the bathroom (probably just a one-sided view with 1 or 2 props)

What sort of props? Drapes? A light fixture? I set up the fake wall(it doesn't go very far in either direction) as it might be in a side hallway off a main chamber. I used this pic here for inspiration: Link (Name that game! ;))

I'm going to be difficult and say you should merge the awesome-ness of both models. :P

i think i think the same thing... the snout is too short on the first and i think a little long on the second one. merge them... if thats what he is saying

That's a good reference. Where is Peach's room used in the script? When she gets kidnapped right?

Someone wanted a wall light fixture so here's where I'm at after a day. (Been working on Klieg-man)

post-8837-1186972816_thumb.jpg

Yes there are bulbs inside. See?

post-8837-1186972953_thumb.jpg

I plan on making the shade partially (20% perhaps) transparent with a gold/copper finish on most of it.

Thoughts?

Here's the wall light model. Let me know if you need the materials or if it has them already. A couple of them are premade but they might be from the extras CD.

As for Peach's room, how about something like in Paper Mario? Link to walkthrough with pics

Seems to be a fuzzy light blue with clouds. A nice contrast to the pink furniture I would say.

wall_light.mdl

You will be in college without a computer? How will you work?

anyway. I just moved to my new appartment and dont have internet yet.

I shall try to work a bit on bowser this weekend... didn't have time with painting the appartment (yes my girlfriend wanted it painted. well she HAD to help) and everything...

I was going to work on bowser but since no1 said anything here, I wanted to know something first:

Is there any1 still willing to work on this project?

All interested, please post a message and say what you are going to do in the following month.

thanks

The main reason I haven't been doing much towards the project is probably laziness. Making something new wouldn't take that long but right now we have a bunch of props and barely any animations. Heath Naylor was going to do some animations as far as I know, so maybe he could do some walk cycles.

What I think we should do first is finish toad since he's all we're missing for the bathroom part, then we'll actually be able to animate something!

Also, I improved the movement of the shoulders on luigi so that they'd animate better, and I made some other changes as well.

luigi.zip

• 4 weeks later...

In an attempt to get this going again, I’m going to make a long post:

First of all, remember this part:

(the camera fades from one scene to another, and the backgrounds change (grass, caves, desert, ice, etc.) as mario and luigi jump past enemies and use some team moves to get past obstacles.)

Forget about the “grass, caves, desert, ice” part. We’ll just need a few simple backgrounds like these:

super-mario-brose_02.pngsuper-mario-world-2.jpg

We already have the second one so we just need the other one. If no one else wants to make them then I’ll do it. Here’s a script idea I had to replace the other part of the script:

(mario and luigi are in a grass themed area and jump over a ledge.)

(The scene changes to mario and luigi talking gibberish to a shy-guy. The shy-guy makes all sorts of hand movements. Mario and luigi tilt their heads confused.)

((scene changes) Mario is carrying a koopa shell and throws it at a spiny. The spiny gets hit and falls off the ledge. The koopa shell continues to travel to the right and rebounds against a wall that’s cut off the screen. Mario jumps over the koopa shell coming towards him and continues to walk towards the right. The koopa shell rebounds against a wall cut off the screen on the left and hits mario making him fall over into a face plant.)

(The scene goes back to the mario, luigi, and the shy-guy. The shy-guy makes some more hand gestures. Mario and luigi nod as if they’re following along.)

((scene changes) Mario and luigi are running along, then lots of cheep-cheep fly everywhere. They start dodging the cheep-cheep as they fall everywhere. Then, mario takes out a frying pan and catches a cheep-cheep. The cheep-cheep turns black and sizzles.)

((back to mario, luigi, and shy-guy) mario says “I got it” and talks gibberish to the shy-guy. The shy-guy gives up and shakes his head while looking down at the ground.)

(eventually we get to a scene where mario and luigi are walking along as if nothing is happening. Then, the scene zooms out of a TV.)

(bowser is sitting on a couch watching the mario bros. The room is dark and hazed out behind the couch. (saves us some time modeling the room.)

(bowser makes a speech about mario and luigi)

(after the speech, bowser says: “unleash the bombs”. And presses a red button.)

(the screen is black, then you can see luigi’s eyelids (as if you are luigi) blink open and a bomb-bomb is staring right at him.)

(a side view of mario and luigi sitting back to back. They’re in a large plain. Luigi nudges mario a little, and mario wakes up.)

(then they stand up.)

(luigi walks up to the bomb-bomb and kicks it into the air and it travels about 50 feet and explodes.)

(then, off in the distance, an army of bomb-bombs is marching closer. Marching music is playing as they march closer.)

(the camera shows an aerial view of the bomb-bombs marching.)

(when the camera switches back, mario and luigi are surrounded by a thick ring of bomb-bombs standing around them. Mario and luigi look around at all the bomb-bombs surrounding them.)

(the camera focuses on 5 bomb-bombs in the front row. The middle one gets angry and makes the noise when it’s about to explode, then the rest of them start getting angry, about to explode.)

(mario stares around, not knowing what to do and luigi is looking around, scared.)

(the camera concentrates on one bomb-bomb whose fuse is about to blow.)

End there or keep going? Anything you want to change?

Now, about the mysterious creature mentioned before, we could have it be on the koopa’s side. Again, if no one else wants to model it when we come to a decision I’ll model it.

The bedroom that tanman’s working on, is that going to be at the beginning with mario leaving his house, then going to jump in some pipes?

And, about the animation, whose going to animate? Our options are:

A. Contact Heath Naylor whenever we’re ready to animate

B. Start a new topic asking for animators

C. We all practice animating until we’re like really good then animate

D. Do nothing and hope that it animates itself

That’s enough text to make up a month, but for right now, how’s the toad coming? And does anyone have some textures for princess peach’s room?

Actually, I was just waiting to see if some1 was going to make a move caus I didn't want to finish the bowser model for nothing (if the project is dropped)

I just though to a stupid sketch too:

you see mario running around, jumping, jumping (for nothing). Another character asks his what he is doing. Mario replies, I don't know, I can't control myself.

Camera zooms out to see a pipeline. Behind this, you see luigi playing with a nintendo controller and just screwing around with it...

anyway, I guess I'll try to get back to bowser.

Haven't been much in the mood for 3d lately, girlfriend dumped me (after 4 years of relationship), work for school and work on a personal project...

I'm sure this will get finished, since we've come this far. We only need to make a few more things, then we can find someone to animate. Shouldn't take too long, and we could probably get the rest of the modelling done with just the both of us doing it.

Started on one of the backgrounds today.

classicmario.JPG

You need more datails on the hill but the rest looks great.

I'm very busy right now. I got to catch up at school caus I had some sort of down lately... caus my girlfriend left me after a 4 years relationship. But I'm better now.

So right after my exams (in about 2 weeks) I should get back to it and finish bowser.

Ps, do you have a copy of the models that are already completed? Or else, we should ask nun to send it.

• 4 weeks later...
Here's some progress on princess peach's room. After getting better at Mapzone and Paint.net I decided to work on some of the textures. The lighting isn't final, so don't expect the scene to look exactly as it is.

peachs_room.JPG

if anything add trim to the top of the room to give a better transition between the wall and the ceiling.. i think its too much for the eye to change like that... if i dont sound like a complete idiot for saying this.