Hash, Inc. Forums

African child model

macb

heh, no problem. But I was hoping that you would say it didn't cause problems. It seems like it is easier to get good definition on the nose and that little "crease", whatever you call it, running from the nose down along the sides of the mouth.

Just gets better and better!

Two things I noticed:

1. The eyes are a little hazy, like she's going blind or something... If they're set to 100% transparent (or close to 100%) then make sure you don't have a diffuse color and check you lighting setup. That might clear up the problem.

2. Curl the edge of the headpiece down to give the illusion of a thick piece of fabric. Right now it looks like a super-thin scarf hovering about a half inch from her head.

Keep up the great work man! It's nice to see some photo-real models again... Anybody remember the Mike Tyson model? Mmmm. Good stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

MAN! This is the first time I took a gander at this WIP... EXCELLENT WORK!!!!!!

Yeah the adults' eyes are a bit hazy & the baby looks... well, plastic. Think it needs a bump map... othern'at, your modeling skills are up there with Mr. Talbot's and I consider him to be the best of the best. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

This work is stupendous. I've been sitting in my office over lunch, just staring at all the images of the various stages of development and having my mind racing through things I'd like to try, analyzing the way everything was modelled...just being in awe.

Definitely very inspiring work to artists/modellers working to improve and refine their skills.

• 3 years later...

Hi Macb,

sorry to see this only now, i cannot do anything but join the chorus and say: awesome!

beautiful splining, texturing, and feeling of the characters (specially the child).

i'm always looking for the lower possible spline density/more beauty.

and i have to say... you rock, man!

only a lil crit: may be the mother is a bit too photorealistic for that child, or the child a bit cartoony for that mom.

i would go to cartoonize the mom a little (i like cartoons :D )

bye... Vince