Hash, Inc. Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BitShuffler

Doing anything with Microsoft XNA Game Studio Express?

Hiya,

I've been away from hash stuff for a while but I do have some experience with the api. I originally wrote an object exporter for the Auran Jet game engine hmmm... about 5 years ago...

Anyway, as per the topic, is anyone using microsoft's new offering to create games for xbox 360 and pc?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Andrew

Thank you so much for waking me up to this amazing, and free, game development world! :)

This looks interesting. I wonder what A:M would need to work well with it? Let's keep a thread going...

Just sent the link to my brother. We've been looking for something like this. Thanks for posting it.

I hope A:M can be used with this.

George

I think I remember reading that this would import stuff using .x format?

I know that Garage Games has made a version of Torque for this XNA program:

http://www.garagegames.com/products/torque/x/

Since there is an exporter from A:M to Torque, then there is a straightforward path. Of course, Chris Roy has discontinued his work on that (due to lack of interest and financial compensation?)....

If there was some way that Martin and Chris could get together, I'm sure that they would come up with a solution--and A:M would be a great tool for all those aspiring game developers wanting to create Xbox games :)

I'm a lead programmer at a games company and I'd much rather use AM for my own personal games than anything else. We're stuck with Max at work, but it's the art department who have to use it there, not me. I suffer no such restrictions at home.

Can we perhaps convince Chris to open source his plugin. Stick it on sourceforge or something. If he's looking for compensation perhaps we should take a collection.

I've done exporters before but I really don't want to have to reinvent the wheel here. I only have so much hobby time and I'd prefer to be writing games with it. However I'd probably chip in with maintenance of an existing code base.