Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

dynamic constraints for tambourine cymbals?

Hey folks...

ive been trying all day to make these tambourines cymbals move dynamically with no success...

p_tambourine0.jpg

any ideas??

each model has a master bone for animation, with child bones in each cymbal for movement

p_tambourine_b0.jpg

i made a pose with a dynamic constraint for each of these, but they did not appear to animate as well as they should (heaps of intersections etc)

would like to try a spring system or something to this effect, but i need assistance to make this happen

any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know if this would work but if you put rotation limits on the cymbal bones would that limit the intersections when using dynamics?

You could figure out how far the cymbals could rotate before intersecting then use that value to limit the movement.

-vern

Sometimes doin' it by hand is the best. You always know it will work.

I often find myself trying to automate a task (not just AM). After some time it would have been faster to have done it by hand... but at that point I refuse to do that because of the work already invested.

One case I remember was renaming some sequential files in a folder. I had a renaming utility but it needed updating... then I had to reinstall it... then I had to find the serial number in my email...

I could have renamed the dang files 50 times by hand by the time I had it working!

;)

-vern