Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Errors adding AVI or MOV

spacecomics

When I try to add an AVI file either as a new layer or rotoscope, I get this error:

Exception # 019 in the "AVI" image to plugin.

This happens with most of the AVIs I happen to have available on my computer or create with my other software ( Sony Vegas Movie Studio). A few I tried from another source also wouldn't work because they are 32-bit. I don't think the ones getting the error above are 32 bit, so what's the problem?

I've also tried adding MOV files, also created in Movie Studio, and get the error:

Invalid image file

Unsopported file type, or image plugin missing.

I know I'm probably missing some simple step, but don't know where to find it. This is my first post & my first week trying out Animation Master, so sorry if I should have found this answer elsewhere.

Thank you.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

...and...

Have you tried opening your movie directly into the Project Workspace first, then add it to the Rotoscope?

Some larger files don't make it through directly.

Test first with some 'fake' movies rendered out from A:M.

If they come into A:M in the format you think you are using that might help you narrow the problem down.

If there are strange compressions or sound files attached that could cause problems as well.

Thanks to your suggestions I finally got it to work. First I tried a simple AVI from A:M which worked. Then I went back to the Movie Studio software that I capture from my camcorder with and found that it has about a million combinations of options when rendering video; I selected Cineform HD Codec V 1.2 for an AVI and it worked; I had been using the default or NTSC DV. I still haven't gotten a MOV file to work but haven't tried all those combinations yet, and it doesn't matter anyway as long as one of them works.

THANKS!

For QuickTime .mov, choose the Sorensen 3 compression.

It still didn't work, for the .mov format, but there are numerous other options when I render the .mov file, which I haven't tried varying, and am not familiar with - see the image below, maybe you can see something I have set wrong.

Anyway, since the AVI works now I'm happy with that.

Thanks!

MOV.JPG