Hash, Inc. Forums

Texturing Common Assault Marine By Dark_Jedi

Thanks Ken!

That sounds like a good plan to me Matt! Convincing Kevin sounds like another story. I do agree that if this is the hero of the story that he can't seem too inhuman.

The other one still looks cooler to me, but it's not my model...

So--here's a Visor at 75% transparency render:

lastoneihope.jpg

Lee

lol i just wanted to see how a render would look lee... mind if i ask whats up with the colours?? the other pic you had finished off for me was much more clear.. and easyer to see the guy.. why so dark and bluey and red?

Did some photoshoping with his facial expressions so he wouldn't look so surprised.

The first thing I did was adjust the eybrows to be a little more stern (maybe a bit too stern):

post-7957-1178421943.jpg

Somewhere between might be a good place to put them.

The second thing I did was adjust the lips. He looks like he's making an unnatural sad face:

post-7957-1178422046.jpg

Not great but a slightly more believable.

The third thing I did was adjust the Eyes. They were just a bit too open:

post-7957-1178422129.jpg

Lastly, I darkened his eye color a bit. He looked kind of like a zombie with the brighter eyes:

post-7957-1178422163.jpg

You might want to try some of those adjustments to see if you can get him looking like he's aware of danger rather than surprised.

well i do agree i want less to animate.. but its easyer to do then taking off the whole helmet... and we have to ad personality to main characters... best way we can do that with guys that are wearing the same thing is their eyes