Hash, Inc. Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Liero

Game development

Hello you all, I may be jumping the gun once again after a few years of rest from AM but still....

A friend of mine asked me to join him to create a 3D Space simulator game and since he has no 3D animation or modeling skills at all, that's where i jump in. So I was wondering that if any of guys have any experience creating models for games, in this case spaceships, and exporting them to formats that my friend could use. I remember from years back that there was a DirectX export tool for AM(AMtex or something like that if remember right), anyone used it?

Any suggestions and advice would be much appreciated :) also if anyone is interested in taking part of the project, I don't think my friend will mind :)

This is still in the starting pit so nothing has been started yet, it's just in our minds. So any ideas for the game, ship style, sketches, anything is welcome :)

Only thing we have kind of decided is that there will be a MAJOR difference in the ship classes and sizes. There will be small fighters, larger heavy bombers, carriers that you can dock with(a lot bigger), destroyer class, support platforms for the destroyers(help them in longer trips since they will be heavily armed ships, no major movement abilities), space stations, and for few races few BIG class ships that will make the destroyers and carriers look like flies :P

So ANY help is really welcome! I will post some more and detailed info and concept art and size differences when I talk more with my friend since I'm atm mainly in charge of the modeling part only :P